Illustrator, Museum Educator
|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
I’ve been working in customer service, museum, and freelance related jobs for over a decade. I am highly self motivated and I believe that working hard with a positive mindset generates a welcoming atmosphere and encourages enthusiastic loyalty among customers and patrons.
I have a vast range of experience, having been a receptionist in a high-pressure medical office, a barista in a fast paced cafe environment, and I was most recently employed as an Interpretation Specialist at the Kalamazoo Valley Museum. As a museum educator my job required a high level communication skills, patience, and on the spot decision making. Attention to detail is key, and I pride myself on my ability to be reliable to my students and patrons to generate the best experience possible.
I am also a freelance Illustrator, and am open to commission based work. Clients usually commission me for portraits, character design, and book visuals.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Illustration, Fine Art, Art History,
Kendall College of Art and Design/ Western Michigan University – Grand Rapids, MI
September 2007 to June 2011
Language and Art History
Western Michigan University -Kalamazoo, Michigan
September 2006 to June 2007
Mental Health Awareness MHFA2019
Certified to understand, identify, and respond to someone experiencing a mental health or substance use challenge. Valid for three years, 2019-2022>
Staff Development Training
- Customer Service Foundations
- Customer Service Plus: Answering the same question for the Nth time
- Customer Service Plus: Clarifying Questions/ Could you repeat that?
- Customer Service Plus: I don’t know but…/ How to navigate difficult situations on the front line
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion DEI
- Situational Awareness Training
Kalamazoo Valley Museum – Kalamazoo, MI
October 2014 to Present
- Teach science and history demonstrations to student and special needs groups
- Give star talks for large groups utilizing the Digistar 6 software in the Planetarium
- Trained mission commander in the Challenger Learning Center Nasa certified space simulations
- Tour guide for various groups
- Work alongside early childhood educational department with craft design and activity oversight for museum “hands on” days.
- Active member of the DEI Diversity Inclusion Team at Kalamazoo Valley Community College
- Customer service related tasks: Group Check in on Versai, Payment processing, reception
- Exhibit reset
- Minor curative assistance
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Self Motivated
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Proficient with various Point of Sales systems, MS Word, Exam Writer, Excel, and Power Point.