Teacher, Theatre (Theatre Director) & Event Planner
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Compassionate, creative and effective Teacher with valuable experience in classroom administration, professional development and project planning.
Equipped with extensive background in versatile education environments.
Student-centric instructor, academic facilitator and motivational coach.
Competent at performing independently or as member of teaching team.
Well-versed in classroom and online technologies.
Master of Fine Arts: Acting
Yale University (David Geffen School of Drama)
New Haven, CT
Master of Arts: Theatre (Education)
The University of Houston
Houston, Texas Workshops:
- The Globe Theatre; RoyalAcademy of Dramatic Art,London, UK
- The Alley Theatre, Houston,TX
- Lincoln Center, New York, NY
Bachelor of Arts: Theatre And Dance
The University of Texas
PLEASE SEE DETAILED RESUME
Houston Independent School District – Teacher, Theatre (Theatre Director)
Houston, TX • 08/2019 – Current
- Planned and implemented daily integrated lessons for High School Theatre Arts Levels I-II & Technical Theatre for 190 – 220 students.
- Observed and evaluated student performance by assigning and grading classwork, homework, tests and assignments and provided feedback, encouraged and monitored progress of individual students.
- Managed all aspects of pre-production for theatre productions by reading, researching, analyzing and selecting plays for upcoming performance; ordered scripts and obtain performance rights; drafted design renderings for costumes and set.
- Coordinated all technical aspects of theatre production: recruited and trained crew to work sound, lights, costumes and backstage; scheduled technical rehearsals; arranged production meetings with student crew heads.
- Managed and directed productions: scheduled and managed auditions, recruited student actors; maintained cast and crew roster; scheduled and ran eight-week rehearsals (16 hours per week); trained student stage managers.
- Performed producer responsibilities: developed and managed compartmentalized budget for each production; selected and interfaced with specialized vendors for props costumes and make-up; scheduled advertising needs; arranged photography for promotion materials; collected all bios and other information; performed as box office manager during production; used online ticketing services.
- Teaching: Instructor; Writing, Planning, Curriculum Development; Training
- Leadership: Public Speaking; Coaching; Mentoring; Communication Skills; Disciplined Work Ethic; Customer Service Oriented; Directing; Supervising
- Finance: Budget; Audits; Payments; Invoices; Monthly Expenses; Contracts; Interviewing; Accounts Receivable; Processing
- Marketing: Marketing Plan; Retail Sales; Social Media; Branding; Video Planning and Editing; Digital Marketing and Event Marketing
- Technology: Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Office; Microsoft PowerPoint; Microsoft Office Suite; Macintosh operating systems;
- Event Planning: Booking; Design; Decor; Strategy
- Event Planning, Finance, Leadership, marketing, Teaching, Technology
Groups & Associations
- Texas Teacher Certification