Director of Production | Creative Director | Lighting Designer
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
AARON CURRY is a New Zealand-American arts manager and practitioner with over a decade of experience in design and production management for the performing arts. Through positions and opportunities that support and elevate artists, Aaron commits himself to building and engaging communities through accessible experiences that impact, inspire, and generate conversation.
Education and Certifications
University of Texas, Austin, TX • Master of Fine Arts
Theatre Design and Technology
Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, Austin, TX • Certificate
Arts Management & Cultural Entrepreneurship
University of Evansville, Evansville, IN • Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude
Theatre Design and Technology. Minor in Psychology
Forklift Certification, Classes I, IV, V
MEWP Certification, Types 1 and 3, Groups A and B
World of Illumination, Phoenix, AZ • Creative Director 03/2021 – Present
Serving as principal designer and operations supervisor for seven $1.2million+ themed holiday attractions across the United States while leading organizational efforts in company framework.
- Oversees design and production workflows, budgets, and calendars for nationally touring holiday attractions.
- Creates and maintains department and company budgets and annual forecasts.
- Manages health and safety within workplace and national sites.
- Coordinates staffing needs with national vendors, regional managers, and executive staff.
- Supports executive leadership in outward facing engagements as public speaker, negotiator, and pitch point person.
- Overhauled design and fabrication processes through incorporation of Vectorworks-based design protocols.
- Expanded network of designers, technicians, and support staff.
American Conservatory Theater, San Francisco, CA • Associate, Design and Production 11/2019 – 06/2020
Assisted senior management in the production of large-scale theatrical productions at a $27 million arts organization.
- Supervised planning and implementation of technical elements for theatrical productions.
- Worked extensively with IATSE, AEA, and USA agreements and members.
- Proactively identified technical, legal, logistical, and communication issues in production development.
- Worked closely with various departments in developing new safe work protocols.
San Francisco Opera, San Francisco, CA • Assistant Designer 07/2019 – 12/2019
Aided in the development, execution, and maintenance of designs for the $74 million opera’s production department, aimed at promoting art and international opera for the San Francisco community.
- Generated all necessary technical documents for multiple repertory operas.
- Optimized operations in lighting department by improving documentation and design processes.
- Implemented new archival tools and database for historical production records.
- Watched performances to maintain artistic integrity.
University of Texas, Austin, TX • Production Manager, Designer 08/2016 – 05/2019
Provided new and dynamic leadership in theatrical design and production for the largest university-based educational theatre and dance department in the United States.
- Promoted and activated new works by minority directors and designers, writers of color, indigenous performers, and underrepresented artists and communities.
- Reviewed and overhauled event resource management, reducing expenses by 15%.
- Developed new engagement and teaching opportunities for undergraduate student community.
The Barnstormers, Tamworth, NH • Lighting Director 05/2015 – 08/2016
Joined one of America’s oldest summer theatre companies by designing lights, coordinating electrics, and providing mentorship to interns for repertory summer productions.
- Promoted community engagement through special events, talks, and new give-back initiatives.
- Supervised intern work and mentorship opportunities.
- Engaged leadership in promoting best and safe work practices.
- Developed new maintenance protocols for company equipment.
- Cultivated new vendor relationships, reducing overhead expenses by 5-10% per production.
- People & Resource Management
- Analytical Ability
- Strategic Planning
- Team Management
- Time Management
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Microsoft Office
- Google Suite
- Adobe Suite
Director of Production | Creative Director | Lighting Designer ResumeFree Resume Listing #67517 PLEASE SHARE: