Summer Internship 2023
The Metropolitan Museum of Art→ New York, New York, United States
The Museum offers internship opportunities for college and graduate students interested in careers in art museums, as well as New York City–area high school students.
Internships for Undergraduate and Graduate Students
Join a community of interns to gain professional skills and learn about museum practice.
The Met has over forty department areas that host interns from a wide variety of academic backgrounds.
- Summer Internships for Undergraduate and Graduate Students
- Ten-week paid summer internships for undergraduate and graduate students and recent graduates at The Met Fifth Avenue and The Met Cloisters.
- Fall- and Spring-Semester Internships for Undergraduate and Graduate Students
- Ten-week paid fall- and spring-semester internships at The Met Fifth Avenue and The Met Cloisters for students currently enrolled in degree-granting programs or recent graduates.
- Long-Term Internships for Recent Graduates
- Nine-month and twelve-month paid internships (beginning in the summer) at The Met Fifth Avenue.
- Graduate Internships in Objects Conservation
- Internships for graduate students in The Met’s Department of Objects Conservation, a dynamic and diverse department with over twenty-five full-time conservators. Interns work alongside and learn from conservators under whose supervision they carry out in-depth treatment on a broad range of materials.
High School Internships
- Calling all artists, writers, thinkers, and designers! Interested in finding out about careers in museums? Apply for a high school internship at The Met to meet experts, find mentors, make friends, gain professional experience, and more.
How to Apply
Click here for detailed info and how to apply
About the Metropolitan Museum of Art
The Met presents over 5,000 years of art from around the world for everyone to experience and enjoy. The Museum lives in two iconic sites in New York City—The Met Fifth Avenue and The Met Cloisters. Millions of people also take part in The Met experience online.
Since its founding in 1870, The Met has always aspired to be more than a treasury of rare and beautiful objects. We are committed to fostering a collaborative and respectful work environment with a staff as diverse as the audiences we engage. Our staff members are art lovers who are passionate about working toward a common goal: creating the most dynamic and inspiring art museum in the world.
At The Met, every staff member – from security officers to researchers to scientists and beyond – lives by our core values of respect, inclusivity, collaboration, excellence, and integrity.
- Respect: Engage one another with collegiality, empathy, and kindness, always.
- Inclusivity: Ensure that all are and feel welcome and valued.
- Collaboration: Reach across boundaries to exchange ideas and work together toward our shared mission.
- Excellence: Lead the cultural world in quality and expertise—and inspire curiosity and creativity.
- Integrity: Hold ourselves to the highest moral standards, admit when we fall short, and then evolve.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, marital status or domestic partner status, genetic information, genetic predisposition or carrier status, gender identity, HIV status, military status and any other category protected by law in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, lay-off and termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
More jobs at The Metropolitan Museum of Art: MET jobs
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
New York, New York, United States
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Internship. Job Tags: arts, curator, curatorial, education, exhibition, gallery, internship, and museum. States: New York.