12-Month internship opportunity
MoMA offers full-time, 12-month internships with stipends for recent college graduates interested in pursuing a career in the arts and museum-related fields. Focused departmental training is integrated with monthly activities and a lecture series designed for interns to receive greater exposure to the museum as a whole. The program is complemented with financial provisions for interns to create a research trip related to their fields of interest. The Museum is currently accepting applications for the following programs which run from September 2023 to September 2024:
- Painting & Sculpture Internship
- Photography Internship
- Louise Bourgeois, Drawings and Prints Internship
- Architecture & Design Internship
- Family Programs Internship
- Black Arts Council, Media & Performance Internship
Recent graduates of bachelor’s or master’s degree programs. The Museum encourages
candidates from diverse backgrounds and academic disciplines to apply. International
candidates are eligible to apply.
Each Intern will be placed into a different department based on areas of interest and experience. Applicants will be asked to list a preference during the application process but candidates may be considered for departments other than their first preference. Below are some of the participating departments. Additional departments may be added.
- Drawings & Prints
- Department of Learning and Engagement
- Office of the Director
- Architecture & Design
- Painting & Sculpture
- Media & Performance
- Ambasz Institute
The following items are required as part of your application:
- Completed online application through MoMA’s Ultipro Recruiting Portal
- At least 1 letter of recommendation sent from the recommender directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2 Essays submitted as an attachment to the online application. Each essay should be no longer than 500 words. The two prompts are as follows:
- Why are you interested in participating in an internship at The Museum of Modern Art?
- Discuss one of the following:a) What is the role of museums, and how do you envision their potential for evolution?b) Describe an individual or an experience that has influenced your perception of the arts.
To apply, please visit MoMA internships.
MoMA PS1 Internship Program
MoMA PS1 offers blended internships with onsite and remote opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students and beginning professionals with practical experience in a specific area of museum work. Our internship program provides the opportunity to learn about the operations of a non-profit art institution and work alongside some of the world’s most exciting contemporary artists and curators. In addition to departmental work interns participate in weekly professional development activities designed to increase understanding of the Museum’s various programs, exhibitions, and departments.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement:
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at the Museum, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, arrest or conviction record to the extent required by applicable law, credit history, or any other protected category as established by applicable law, including the New York City Human Rights Law (“NYCHRL”).
More jobs at The Museum of Modern Art: MOMA jobs
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time and Internship. Job Tags: architecture, assistant, curatorial, design, film, internship, media, MOMA, museum, painting, and photography. States: New York.