Digital Marketing and Media Fellow→ New York, New York, United States
To sustain our robust content schedule of digital initiatives, the Fellow will produce video, audio, and photography for MoMA PS1’s onsite and online programs, including exhibitions, performances, talks, events, and digital-first initiatives. Working collaboratively with colleagues across departments at PS1, the Fellow will support digital content production in all stages, including recording live interviews, organizing and sharing video footage, liaising with transcription and captioning vendors, implementing title cards, photographing in-person events, coordinating photography for live programming, and gathering image assets and credits.
- Minimum of one year experience successfully working in social media content production, video editing, videography, and/or photography.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage time effectively, multitask, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing deadlines and priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, be proactive, and take initiative, balanced with skill in executing plans and tasks with precise and nuanced instructions.
- Ability to work productively and collaboratively with all levels of management and support staff, and maintain a highly professional and positive attitude in a dynamic and creative setting.
- High level of creative ability with excellent photography, videography, and editing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Gmail, Google Docs, and Adobe Suite (or similar) required.
- Experience with social media platforms and website content management preferred.
- Knowledge of, and interest in, contemporary art and performance, and PS1 and its programming.
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays in connection with museum programs and events.
Compensation and Benefits
This position is part-time with a salary of $3,333 per month. This is a 6-months assignment with the possibility of extension to one year. Benefits include 3 paid personal days and staff discounts in the MoMA Design store as well as Artbook@PS1.
About the Fellowship
The Fellow serves a six (6) month term with the possibility of extending to a full year. Fellows receive an opportunity for hands-on training within a contemporary art institution and an understanding of how MoMA PS1 operates, develops programs, and engages audiences. The Fellowship serves as a launching pad for individuals within the arts and management fields to hone their skills and attain real world experience with structure and support. Fellows are expected to work Monday through Thursday with some weekend and evening hours.
Please be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions. Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at PS1.
MoMA PS1 is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
How to Apply
To apply, please CLICK HERE
Applicants should submit a resume and a statement of interest.
About MoMA PS1
MoMA PS1 champions how art and artists are at the intersection of the social, cultural, and political issues of their time. Providing audiences with the agency to ask questions, access to knowledge, and a forum for public debate, PS1 has offered insight into artists’ diverse worldviews for more than 45 years. Founded in 1976 by Alanna Heiss, the institution was a defining force in the alternative space movement in New York, transforming a 19th-century public schoolhouse in Long Island City into a site for artistic experimentation and creativity.
With an annual budget of approximately $12M, PS1 has been a member of New York City’s Cultural Institutions Group (CIG) since 1982, and affiliated with The Museum of Modern Art since 2000.
We recognize that a successful candidate will meet many of the requirements listed on this job description, but may not meet 100% of the qualifications. If much of this job description describes you, we encourage you to apply for this role.
More jobs at The Museum of Modern Art: MOMA jobs
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: exhibition, marketing, media, MOMA, museum, and non-profit. States: New York.