Full-Time Design Assistant
Design Assistant – Exhibition Design and Production
Reports to: Senior Design Manager, Exhibition Design and Production
- Assists in the design and production of exhibitions within MOMA’s robust exhibition program, drafts plans and elevation
- Creates renderings and visualizations that convey design ideas, and makes maquettes.
- Works with exhibition designers on simultaneous projects, supporting the design & production process by preparing drawings, models, renderings, maquettes, and other
- Tracks, organizes and maintains physical models and ensures that model-making supplies are organized and replenished.
- Works with Senior Design Manager to maintain and update database of gallery drawings and standard details.
- Works with exhibition designers to update drawings detailing exhibition designs and art installations.
- Works with vendors and contractors to source materials and services.
- Assists the Department Coordinator with light administrative duties.
- Bachelor’s degree, in art or a design-related field preferred, and two years relevant work experience
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail;
- The ability to efficiently manage several projects simultaneously;
- The ability to form and maintain successful working relationships with museum staff, designers and artists;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and other standard office procedures and equipment.
- Knowledge of a 3-D rendering program is a plus. Knowledge of 20th- and 21st-century art is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
*Note: Please include a cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.*
The Museum of Modern Art is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, assistant, design, exhibition, MOMA, and museum. States: New York.
Please Share the Design Assistant job: