Full-Time Assistant to Chief Curator
- Oversees program operations administrative, logistical, and scheduling duties for robust, year-round programs.
- Communicates with program leaders and volunteers, to schedule and train them for the access program, and assists with all on-site program needs.
- Serves as the primary contact for public correspondence via phone and email, both for Community and Access Programs and accessibility-related inquiries from the general public.
- Creates and edits promotional and social media content for related programs and assists with marketing efforts for Community and Access programs.
- Supports the assistant director, Community and Access Programs in documenting and evaluating Community and Access Programs and Partnerships, both at the Museum and off-site.
- Teaches Community and Access Programs, as needed.
- Assists with the development of educator professional development workshops.
- Maintains inventory of artmaking supplies for all programs.
- Serves as a liaison between Community and Access Programs and various departments (Groups and Tours, Audio Visual, Housekeeping, Operations) in preparation for programming.
- Tracks attendance and reporting for Community and Access Programs.
- Performs any other duties reasonably related to the functions described above.
- Bachelor of arts, preferably in art history, art/museum education, or disability studies.
- Customer service experience, ideally working with people with disabilities and/or older adults, preferred.
- Prior experience in museum education, teaching and/or working with audiences with disabilities or older adults in an educational environment preferred.
- Excellent communication, written, and digital media skills
- Excellent organizational and program management skills, including keen attention to time-sensitive tasks and details, and strong follow-up skills.
- Knowledge of modern and contemporary art, art and museum education, and best practices in museum accessibility
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and other standard office procedures and equipment
- Must be available to work occasional Sundays and evenings as needed.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter (preferably in one PDF format), including salary requirements following the accessing the link below:
The Museum of Modern Art is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
The Museum of Modern Art is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, assistant, curator, media, MOMA, museum, sales, and teaching. States: New York.
Please Share the Assistant to Chief Curator job: