Technical Director at TRUSTUS THEATRE (Columbia, SC)
The Technical Director leads a team of designers, technicians and craftspeople to bring ideas into reality. The Technical Director has the daily responsibility for the technical operations of the theatre, including scenic construction, theatrical lighting, theatrical sound, projections, performing facility maintenance, and coordinating contractors for other necessary facility maintenance. The Technical Director works with and oversees the Assistant Technical Director, volunteers, overhire employees, designers, and contractors who perform technical operations and design implementation. The Technical Director works with a great deal of independence and exercises independent judgment in performing a wide variety of duties.
- Commitment to the mission and values of Trustus Theatre
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree desirable.
- 3-5 Year Experience as member of Theater Technical Staff
- 2+ year experience in Management and Supervision
- Significant, demonstrable experience as a technical director in professional, community, or university theatre.
- Demonstration of effective mentoring and supporting of volunteers.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cordially with fellow staff, designers, stage managers, and guest artists and directors.
- Ability to communicate the technical capacities of the theatre and collaborate specifically with designers.
- Demonstrates extensive theatrical knowledge of design implementation, capacity to work creatively to solve implementation issues across design disciplines.
- Demonstrates knowledge of theatrical drafting and drafting programs.
- The ability to successfully guide and support technical staff and technicians in the realization of designers’ expectations and vision.
- The ability to interpret and execute designs for the Trustus Theatre space.
- Evidence of sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of staff and contractors.
- Evidence to meet deadlines with quality results.
- Demonstrates strong project management skills
- Evidence to monitor expenditures and staying within material budgets.
Trustus Theatre Mission:
Trustus Theatre is the home for relevant, innovative, and inclusive theatrical works.
Classification Level: Full TimeSalary and Benefits: $38,000-$42,000, salary commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: November 15 or until position is filled
Start Date: ASAP
How to Apply
Please send a letter of interest and a current resume to:
Via e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Attn: Jessica Fichter
520 Lady St
Columbia, SC 29201Trustus Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: design, director, lighting, performing arts, sound, and technical director. States: South Carolina.
Please Share the Technical Director job: