Encore Stage & Studio seeks energetic, imaginative, and organized Teaching Artists for daytime programming. This in-person Pre-K program will occur weekly on Thursdays from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM.
This is a contracted position; please indicate your current availability in your cover letter. Teaching Artists will be required to submit to a background check before beginning employment with Encore.
- Collaborate with other Teaching Artist(s) to co-teach engaging and educational programming designed for Pre-K.
- Navigate working with students from non-English speaking households.
- Follow Encore’s Covid-19 safety policy, which includes wearing a mask at all times, participating in daily health screenings and temperature checks, and maintaining social distancing whenever possible.
What You Bring to Encore Stage & Studio:
- A college degree, preferably in Theatre or Education.
- Creativity, flexibility, and a passion for working with young people.
- Teaching experience, preferably with students ages 3-5.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong classroom management skills.
- Successful applicants will have experience in designing curriculum around a provided course description.
What to Expect:
- You will report to the Education Director.
- Competitive hourly pay.
- More opportunities as a Teaching Artist with Encore.
Encore’s offices are located at Cherrydale United Methodist Church (3701 Lorcom Ln. Arlington, VA 22207). Programming will take place at 5380 Holmes Run Pkwy, Alexandria, VA 22304. Transportation is the responsibility of the Teaching Artist; access to a car is strongly recommended.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and sample lesson plan to Madaline Langston, Education Director, at jobs.encorestage.org with the subject line “Teaching Artist – Your Name”.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Job Categories: Education. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: arts education, performing arts, teaching, and teaching artist. States: Virginia.
Please Share the Teaching Artist job: