ob Status: Full-time
Reports To: Director of Operations
Start Date: July 2022- Feb. 2023
Salary Range: $4,480-6,080 monthly/ DOE
This position is responsible for calling show cues nightly for the Teatro Zinzanni show as well as, organizing and running rehearsals, maintaining company safety standards and supporting technical staff. They also create, maintain and distribute daily/ weekly production schedules. They also maintain the general production standards and production procedures and practices for the company. They will work collaboratively with both creative and technical teams in realizing the artistic vision for Teatro ZinZanni through clear documentation and communication. The Stage Manager calls the show 5 nights a week and works with the creative team to review the show for quality and maintenance of the artistic vision.
Teatro ZinZanni presents a full evening of entertainment, combining cirque artists, European cabaret, contortionists, jugglers and illusionists with live music and a gourmet multi-course meal.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Advances the show with the Director and team as needed.
● Calls the show 5 nights a week as the Stage Manager and trains 1 sub stage manager for the run
● Creates and manages schedules, manages and documents all rehearsals.
● Manages artist technical needs and requirements as needed
● Directs all staff in life safety issues and manages all safety training for the facility.
● Must have complete knowledge of theatrical show production
● Writes or reviews nightly show notes for show or staff needs
● Advances the show with artists and Director and technical staff.
● Maintain the show’s records and procedures
● Communicates to all staff and cast involved appropriate information
● Creates, maintains, and distributes of weekly schedules,
● All other duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS Essential minimum skills, education, and experience:
● 3 years professional stage management experience
● Must be able to call a complicated show
● Good computer skills
● Strong production competencies
● The ideal candidate will be organized and an effective communicator with a solution-oriented mindset
● Comfortable communicating with all varieties of production staff from carpenters to technicians
● Eye for detail and attention to delivering high quality work
● Anticipates project needs and proactively delivers
● Fosters trust and open/honest communication with the internal team and others
● Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
● Strong organizational and communication skills and time management skills
● Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
● Ability to work independently, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
● Positive attitude in the face of challenges
● Ability to work collaboratively with others for whom you have no direct supervisory authority.
● Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
● Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights, weekends, as necessary.
● Although not a pre-employment condition, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated and have up to date boosters for COVID 19. ● Direct rehearsals (when a Director is not onsite)
● Proactively troubleshoot and resolve production issues as they arise
● This position is charged with running the show, maintaining company safety standards, covering rehearsals, the maintenance of general production standards, procedures and practices, administrative responsibilities as needed, and other duties as assigned.
● Works in a theatrical environment. Must be able to lift & move 40lbs as is necessary in the normal flow of the day-to-day workload unassisted. Can work on a ladder with lighting gear.
● Hours are general show hours 3pm- 10pm; pre-production rehearsal hours are TBD but most likely day and evening.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume in .pdf format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please title the email: “TZ Stage Manager – Last name, First name”
zinzanni.com/seattle/jobs/ for full job description and more information
TZ LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER DEDICATED TO A POLICY OF NON-DISCRIMINATION IN EMPLOYMENT (INCLUDING APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT) ON ANY BASIS INCLUDING RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, CITIZENSHIP, SEX, AGE, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, MEDICAL CONDITION, PREGNANCY, VETERAN OR MILITARY STATUS, OR ANY OTHER BASIS PROHIBITED BY LOCAL, STATE, AND FEDERAL LAW. APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES MAY BE ENTITLED TO REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION UNDER THE TERMS OF THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT AND CERTAIN STATE OR LOCAL LAWS. A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION IS A CHANGE IN THE WAY THINGS ARE NORMALLY DONE WHICH WILL ENSURE AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY WITHOUT IMPOSING UNDUE HARDSHIP ON TZZ LLC. PLEASE CONTACT TZZ LLC IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE COMPLETING THIS APPLICATION OR TO OTHERWISE PARTICIPATE IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: manager, performing arts, stage, and stage manager. States: Washington.
Please Share the Stage Manager job: