Goodspeed Musicals→ East Haddam, Connecticut, United States
• Job Title: Production Manager
• Reports To: Director of Production
• Department: Production
• FLSA Classification: Full-time, Exempt
• Wage/Compensation Range: $73,000-$83,000, insurance, paid time off and paid holidays provided
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the community we serve. Goodspeed Musicals is committed to creating an equitable, inclusive, and accessible workplace environment, and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, non-gender binary/trans individuals, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), and people with disabilities are STRONGLY encouraged to apply.
General Statement of Job Function:
The Production Manager will support the Director of Production in the re-alignment of the department, with primary focus being on day to day operations in support of productions onstage.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee planning and progress across all production departments as it pertains to all productions.
- Work with the Director of Finance, Director of Production and Artistic Administrator to evolve best financial practices in budgeting and planning for the department.
- Work with the Director of Finance, Director of Production and Artistic Administrator to monitor departmental budget projections.
- Oversee creation of production calendars and schedules including design deadlines, build deadlines and build benchmarks; including assuring goals are met.
- Oversee departmental purchasing as requested by the Director of Production.
- Oversee departmental Inventory Management
- Participate in recruitment, hiring, onboarding and retention of production department staff.
- Develop and implement OSHA approved safety practices and procedures for the production department and the institution.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule, plan and lead production meetings
- Coordinate production department requirements for organizational events such as Galas and PR events
- Participate in the development of the Organizational Calendar
- Participate in LORT/USA negotiation prep
- Other duties as requested
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Respect for Goodspeed’s mission and drive, including the understanding that the focus of our work is to support the artistic and creative process—and people—at the heart of making musical theatre.
- Minimum BFA in Technical Production or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience supervising team work.
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities within strict deadlines.
- Willingness to problem-solve, make decisions, and act within established policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Exhibit interpersonal savvy, which includes relating comfortably to a variety of personalities; cultivating and maintaining positive relationships; employing discretion, diplomacy, and tact; seeking the positive in all situations.
- Comfortably and effectively cope with change and ambiguity, which includes effectively transitioning between tasks and timelines; identifying priorities and making good decisions with a minimum of information; staying relaxed and proactive when things are uncertain; confidently managing risk and uncertainty.
- A commitment to an equitable work environment, which includes use of gender inclusive language; support for individual gender expression, racial equity and inter-generational collaboration; accessibility for people with disabilities; and cultural sensitivity.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends required.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in theatre management position or other similar experience in a managerial role.
- Working knowledge of LORT/Union contracts; ability to work within tight deadlines and budgets;
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, Microsoft Access and Quickbooks
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, availability, and list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Production Manager.”
East Haddam, Connecticut, United States
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: finance, management, manager, music, production, and production manager. States: Connecticut.