Riverside Theatre→ Iowa City, Iowa, United States
• Organization: Riverside Theatre
• Job Title: Production Manager
• Reports To: Producing Artistic Director
• Category: Full-Time
• Start Date: March 6, 2023 (flexible)
• Deadline: February 17, 2023
• Salary: $40,000 – $43,000 annually (commensurate with experience)
• Benefits package: Individual health insurance policy, life insurance policy, and paid time off
RIVERSIDE THEATRE in Iowa City is seeking a Production Manager to lead its production department. This position reports to the Producing Artistic Director and works with them to help realize a seven-play season in a new 150-seat flexible blackbox venue and an annual outdoor Shakespeare production in a 472-seat amphitheater.
The Production Manager will:
- Facilitate the overall production build and load-in/out process
- Oversee the work of the full-time Technical Director and develop strategies for production needs and growth
- Assist TD when needed with load-in duties, seating configuration changeover, and production build
- Collaborate with Producing Artistic Director and Managing Director on season planning, scheduling, budgeting, and allocation of resources
- Maintain budgets and report spending to Managing Director
- Assist in designer hires and contracting crew
- Organize and lead production meetings
- Liaise with building management, City of Iowa City, and house management to facilitate maintenance of Riverside’s venues and improve artist and crew experiences, including accessibility
- Oversee and develop shop facilities, equipment, and safety protocols
- Oversee and develop offsite scenery and costumes storage
- Work with Stage Managers at beginning of each process to establish building security requirements, paperwork distribution, and company procedures
- Assist with needs for rental contracts and special events
Ideal candidates will be organized, collaborative, have extensive production experience at a variety of levels, and should enjoy working with a diverse group of individuals.
RIVERSIDE THEATRE believes that a great city deserves serious theatre: theatre that sparks discourse, builds community, delights, inspires, breaks down barriers, and explores the complexities of the human spirit. Riverside Theatre strengthens the cultural fabric of Iowa City through intimate, engaging productions from classics to new works, fostering a deeper appreciation for the dramatic arts.
Applicants are asked to send a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 17, 2023.
Preferred start date is March 6, 2023 (flexible).
Iowa City, Iowa, United States
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: manager, performing arts, production, and technical. States: Iowa.
Please Share the Production Manager job: