Aurora Productions is hiring as live entertainment returns.
Aurora is a Production Management and Technical Supervision Company specializing in Broadway, Off Broadway and touring theater productions.
Since 1989, Aurora has supervised over 250 Broadway and Off-Broadway shows and associated tours, as well as international productions in London’s West End, Europe, and Australia.
Aurora Productions is seeking Production Managers to join our experienced, tight knit team. Ideal candidates are highly organized and motivated, with familiarity of commercial theatre practice and procedure. Experience as a Production Manager, Technical Supervisor, or Technical Director is required as is experience with a union work environment.
Production Managers work with Aurora’s principals on technical oversight, focusing on the bid process, shop build, load in, and teaching process in the theatres as well as labor contracting, budgeting, scheduling, and supervision for multiple productions each season.
- Previous experience in production, stage, and/or facilities management is required.
- Working understanding of the operations of Carpentry/Rigging; Automation; Lighting; Sound; Props; Costumes.
- Skilled in time management, communication, negotiation, and creative problem solving.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment, flexibility, and a “team player” sensibility.
- Must be able to read and evaluate technical drawings. AutoCAD knowledge preferred.
- Have at least 5 years of experience in Production Management/Technical Direction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Prior shop experience a plus.
Aurora Productions is committed to fostering equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Please send a PDF of cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include “PM Search 2022” in the subject line.
Salary range: $70,000-$100,000
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: entertainment, management, manager, production, production manager, and theatre. States: New York.
Please Share the Production Manager job: