FLYNN CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS, LTD. 2022
JOB CLASSIFICATION/DESCRIPTION Exempt-Admin
The Flynn is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We strive to be diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective. Our goal is to build and maintain an organization where everyone can do their best work. We believe that people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people must be centered in the work we do, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
The Production Manager works under the Director of Production to oversee the backstage operations for the Flynn Center. This includes managing the crew and being responsible for maintaining the production budget and allocation of resources as well as keeping the production on schedule.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the rest of the Production Office to create a cohesive core of management along with the Director of Production.
- Manage the crew and department heads when acting as lead on a performance and/or work call
- Ensure safety of personnel and the space
- Assist the production department with creating show cost estimates
- Help to advance productions with the rest of the production team
- Help to manage the production calendar
- Perform technical work in the black box space when needed (i.e. running lights)
- Input payroll for work calls
- Making sure HR has the necessary production crew new hire paperwork
- Sitting in for Director of Production occasionally in meetings or during the production process
- Help maintain the professional productions that the Flynn Center is known for
Functional and partial administrative supervision of show crews ranging from 3 to 50 per show.
Supervision is received from the Director of Production.
- Theater production background (3-5 years professionally)
- Education in Stage Management/Technical Direction/Production Management or equivalent experience.
- Strong technical theater knowledge
- Flexibility as role is dependent upon show schedule; hours can be long and irregular, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Clear spoken or written communication (in person, on phone, or via email)
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong leadership skills along with critical thinking, problem-solving, negotiation, and time management ability
How to Apply
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to HResources@flynnvt.org.
This general outline illustrates the type of work that characterizes the Job Classification.
It is not an all-encompassing statement of the specific duties, responsibilities and qualifications of individual positions assigned to the classification.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: entertainment, management, manager, musical theatre, production, and theatre. States: Vermont.
Please Share the Production Manager job: