Marketing Coordinator, Social Media
MoMA Museum of Modern Art→ New York, New York, United States
The Museum of Modern Art is currently accepting applications for a Marketing Coordinator who plays a central role in coordinating and supporting social media efforts critical to building new audiences and connecting to the Museum’s global community.
The role serves as part of MoMA’s dynamic External Affairs team and supports audience development and earned revenue goals across the Museum.
- Supports all aspects of the Museum’s social media strategy, including project management, asset sourcing, and coordination with internal stakeholders, agencies, and external partners.
- Sources and drafts content for MoMA’s social media channels.
- Coordinates creation of social media assets with content and design teams.
- Secures approvals as needed, including coordination of image rights with Production Assistant and sponsor recognition with Development team.
- Supports influencer marketing strategy and delivery.
- Monitors and responds to inquiries and comments on MoMA’s social media channels and newsletter program.
- Assists in coordinating an integrated social media communications strategy through the management of the social media calendar and incoming digital requests from across the organization.
- Stays abreast of emerging trends and technologies to identify opportunities and engage new partners.
- Performs any other duties reasonably related to the functions described above.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years professional experience in social media and digital marketing.
- Strong written, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven project management and multi-tasking skills and ability to work independently, proactively, collaboratively, and effectively under pressure with a wide variety of museum staff and outside agencies.
- Experience with TikTok content creation.
- Experience with analytics tools for social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Google Analytics, etc.) preferred.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Experience with Sprout Social, Asana, or similar social media management and project management programs.
- Creative thinker and problem solver who can clearly articulate ideas, frame challenges, highlight opportunities, and offer solutions.
- Interest and enthusiasm for the work of MoMA and knowledge of art and non-profit cultural world.
Reports to: Digital Marketing Manager
Salary: The salary for this position is $58,289 per annum.
How to Apply
To apply, CLICK HERE
Please visit MoMA Jobs.
Applicants should submit a resume and a statement of interest.
About MoMA PS1
PS1 was born out of New York’s alternative space movement in the 1970s, transforming an abandoned nineteenth century schoolhouse in Long Island City, Western Queens, into a space for artists and their collaborators to generate ideas and present work.
Located in what was once an industrial enclave, the institution has now become a creative landmark in the fastest growing residential neighborhood in the country. Continuously responsive to the potential for collective impact, in 1976 PS1 was registered as an independent non-profit in a City-owned building. In 1982 it became the first Cultural Institutions Group (CIG) that focused on contemporary art as part of NYC’s Department of Cultural Affairs. Then, in 2000 PS1 also established an affiliation with the Museum of Modern Art and in 2010 it became known as MoMA PS1.
In 2022-23 we have a budget of approximately $11MM and are a team of around 55 employees, led by an independent Board of Directors. Embracing that we are by, for, and with artists, we are focusing on collective action to reach our local and global community in our programming. Working with an evolving constellation of practitioners, neighbors, and partners, we are committed to the critical work of diversity, equity, access, and inclusion. It is through these lenses that we examine and build our programs, relationships, and organizational culture.
We champion how artists are at the intersection of the social, cultural, and political issues of their time. We center equity in how we work and what we do.
We recognize that a successful candidate will meet many of the requirements listed on this job description, but may not meet 100% of the qualifications. If much of this job description describes you, we encourage you to apply for this role.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement:
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at the Museum, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, arrest or conviction record to the extent required by applicable law, credit history, or any other protected category as established by applicable law, including the New York City Human Rights Law (“NYCHRL”).
This is a unionized position at MoMA with covered employees represented by Local 2110, UAW, AFL-CIO.
More jobs at The Museum of Modern Art: MOMA jobs
MoMA Museum of Modern Art
New York, New York, United States
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: coordinator, marketing, media, MOMA, museum, non-profit, and social media marketing. States: New York.