Full-Time Project Art Director – Graphic Design and Advertising
• Project Art Director (fixed-term position) – Graphic Design and Advertising •
Creates a wide range of creative proposals, presentations, and campaigns for new building project communications and for the Membership, Marketing, and Development teams during the construction time period. Designs and produces cross-media collateral materials such as print materials, digital media, videos, construction signage (both digital and print), donor signage, directory screens, and directional signage to support Museum communications and visitor experiences. Reports to Associate Creative Director.
• Bachelor’s or master’s of fine arts in graphic design and six to eight years design and production experience, including three to four years as a senior designer or art director or equivalent.
• High level of creative talent and conceptual development, with excellent design and typography skills.
• Team player with willingness to collaborate with people across all departments.
• Excellent design ability and thorough knowledge of advertising, exhibition design, print production, and video production, with additional experience in storyboarding and concept development for video and animation. Excellent organizational skills. Outstanding ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Excellent job management, strategic planning, and interpersonal leadership skills.
• Proactive problem-solving proficiency.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Adept at finessing outstanding working relationships with a wide variety of personality types.
• Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (CS5.5 and CC) and InCopy.
• Additional knowledge of Adobe Digital Publishing Suite, After Effects, Apple Final Cut Pro, HTML, and CSS preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
This is a fixed-term position expected to conclude November 2018
HOW TO APPLY
MoMA Jobs application guidelines
If you would like to submit your resume and cover letter for consideration, please choose one of the following options:
By e-mail: email@example.com (most preferred option)
By fax: (212) 333-1107
By mail: The Museum of Modern Art
The Department of Human Resources
11 West 53 Street
New York, NY 10019
Please be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions. Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at The Museum of Modern Art.
Apply for this Job