Full-Time Assistant to the Chief Curator – Drawings and Prints
- Answers the main telephone line for the department, as well as the lines for the department manager and chief curator in their absence.
- Maintains and orders administrative supplies.
- Performs administrative duties as required, including photocopying, filing, preparing large mailings, typing of manuscripts, exhibition-related materials, and correspondence. Assembles and edits material for departmental or committee presentations.
- Creates and maintains files for department and chief curator, and other senior curatorial staff as assigned, including creation and maintenance of collection object files.
- Coordinates chief curator’s schedule and various departmental functions in coordination with the department manager.
- Processes invoices and expenses for department including Diners Club/ expense reports for chief curator and other senior curatorial staff as assigned. Assists department manager on issues regarding the departmental budget and its associated files, as well as payment of departmental expenses.
- Maintains departmental printers and faxes (including paper supply).
- Maintains department contacts, artist address lists, and departmental invitation lists. Maintains list and coordinates distribution of annual artist passes.
- Maintains department library and tracks catalogs, slides, and other materials sent to or acquired by the department.
- Drafts routine correspondence and responds to general inquiries and telephone calls. Corresponds and acts as liaison with outside persons, other organizations, and Museum personnel.
- Responsible for administrative support for the Artists Viewing Program, including tracking unsolicited submissions, coordinating with curatorial staff to view the submissions, and responding to the artists.
- Provides administrative support to curatorial staff with the scheduling and activities of the Drawings and Prints Study Center.
- Assists department manager with the preparation of acquisition committee meetings, including pre- and post- paperwork, initiating correspondence with the acquired artists or artist estates for non-exclusive licensure, artists’ questionnaires, and other documentation as required.
- Attends other meetings and special events as required.
- Coordinates circulation of initial loan correspondence from inquiring institutions, providing administrative support to curatorial staff in all aspects of outgoing loan program.
- Provides administrative support for the collector’s group, the Friends of Contemporary Drawing, including administrative aspects of the publication of the bi-annual newsletter, logistics and programming of various group events and travel, and all related correspondence and expenses pertaining to the group’s budget.
- Bachelor’s degree and three or more years prior experience in a related field and position.
- Accounting and/or bookkeeping experience helpful.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently.
- Discretion and judgment.
- Administrative ability.
- Good typing and figural aptitude with knowledge of office procedures and equipment. Knowledge of a foreign language preferably French or German.
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to submit your résumé and cover letter for consideration, please follow the link and Apply online .
Please be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are able to contact only those candidate whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions. Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at The Museum of Modern Art.
The Museum of Modern Art is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at The Museum of Modern Art.Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, assistant, curator, MOMA, museum, and non-profit. States: New York.
Please Share the Assistant to the Chief Curator – Drawings and Prints job: