Print Traffic Coordinator – Film
The Museum of Modern Art is currently accepting applications for a Print Traffic Coordinator for its Manhattan location.
The Print Traffic Coordinator will report to the Senior Producer and Theater Manager and assist in carrying out the general directives of the Senior Producer, the Theater Manager, and curatorial staff in coordinating the logistics of transporting moving image materials in and out of the Museum in service of its long running film program.
• Executes all administrative and shipping functions typical of a busy and vibrant in-theater screening program, as well as managing and tracking digital materials for the Museum’s virtual cinema, circulating film and video library, and permanent collection.
• Packs and physically moves film and material between the Museum’s four theaters and its loading dock.
• Liaises with lenders and rights holders on all details concerning material coming into and going out of the Museum.
• Works with the Theater Manager on backend operations of the virtual cinema, including overseeing uploads and troubleshooting issues as they arise.
• Works with curatorial and Film department staff on exhibition planning, including providing shipping estimates and timelines.
• Collaborates with Theater Manager and Projection team to ensure smooth operations of all public and private events at the Museum and online.
• Supervises the Museum’s Circulating Film and Video library, including packing and shipping materials and inspecting film upon its return.
• Assists with other film shipping matters as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree and one to three years experience in film traffic at a film festival or equivalent theatrical setting.
• Active interest in contemporary and historical film is a must.
• Experience with online film presentations and Federal Express/UPS software preferred.
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and to successfully interact with a wide range of personalities is valued.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
Candidate hired must be a member of Local 306 or become a member of Local 306 post-hire.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit MoMA Jobs.
Applicants should submit a resume and a statement of interest, including salary requirements.
Apply online at MOMA Jobs
The Museum of Modern Art is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: exhibition, film, MOMA, museum, and non-profit. States: New York.
Please Share the Print Traffic Coordinator – Film job: