American Repertory Ballet and Princeton Ballet School→ Princeton, New Jersey, United States
With the Executive Director and senior leadership team, the Marketing Director develops and refines the organization’s marketing vision and strategy, while implementing an integrated digital media plan to advance the organization’s brand identity and engagement with audiences in New Jersey, nationally, and internationally.
The Marketing Director is responsible for the branding and marketing of the Princeton Ballet Society and oversees the creation and implementation of print and digital marketing plans to generate ticket sales, build School enrollment, and increase awareness for all American Repertory Ballet and Princeton Ballet School programs.
Company: Princeton Ballet Society (dba American Repertory Ballet (ARB) and Princeton Ballet School (PBS) with locations in New Brunswick, Princeton, and Cranbury, New Jersey)
Reporting Relationships: The Marketing Director reports to the Executive Director, and supervises the Communications Manager, in addition to graphic designers, photographers, videographers, PR consultants and interns.
Position: In-person with some flexibility for remote work. Full-time, exempt. There may be travel associated with this position.
The Princeton Ballet Society’s mission is to bring the joy, beauty, artistry, and discipline of classical and contemporary dance to New Jersey and nationwide audiences through public performances and to dance students through artistic and educational programs.
This mission is fulfilled through three distinct but unified parts of the organization: American Repertory Ballet (ARB), the preeminent ballet company in NJ now under the leadership of Ethan Stiefel, Artistic Director; Princeton Ballet School (PBS), one of the largest non-profit dance schools in the nation; and ARB’s Access & Enrichment initiatives, programs designed to enrich students and the local community to the art form of dance, as active participants and informed observers, and to develop life-long dance enthusiasts. It is through these three branches that the organization’s vision is pursued: to entertain, educate, enlighten, and inspire with the beauty and passion of dance.
Designated a “Major Arts Institution” by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts for two decades, and recognized by the National Endowment for the Arts “American Masterpieces” program, the organization plays a leadership role in the dance community. ARB’s annual production of The Nutcracker, first produced in 1963, is the longest-running production in the state and one of the longest-running in the country. ARB’s DANCE POWER program, now in its 37th year, is an in-school dance residency that provides dance education to every 3rd grade student in the New Brunswick public school system and remains the longest-running arts/community partnership in NJ.
Founded in 1954 by Audrée Estey, the mission of Princeton Ballet School is to create and train professional dancers and to provide age and developmentally appropriate dance classes to the general public for students ranging from recreational beginners to professional artists.
The Princeton Ballet School has a highly qualified faculty dedicated to providing training for all dancers wishing to appreciate ballet as an art form, a life-long form of exercise and a means in which to find self-confidence and poise. For the gifted student wishing to make dance a professional career, the curriculum and artistic acumen of the faculty have produced dancers who have graduated to the professional level in ballet, modern dance, Broadway and television and film. For the student looking for a bridge from their high school training into their professional careers, ARB offers the Trainee Program which is managed by Princeton Ballet School.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build, implement, and manage an organizational strategic marketing plan
- In collaboration with the executive and finance directors, determine and manage the marketing budget and deliver marketing activity within agreed budget
- Manage digital marketing channels and social media accounts
- Research and suggest activities for improving the quality of online content
- Track and measure SEO and Google Analytics metrics and provide reports
- Research areas for growth and help project future ticket sales, enrollment, and engagement trends
- Keep abreast with industry and market trends and best practices
- Coordinate website updates—ensure that new and consistent information (articles, links, stories, events, videos, and other content) is regularly posted and updated
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns for new and existing performances, class schedules and outreach programs
- Work closely with the Access and Enrichment department for community marketing campaigns as well as group sales, dance residencies, and performances
- Work collaboratively with the development team on communications and marketing plans for annual appeals, event invitations, other development events, etc.
- Capture and create organic content at organization related classes, performances, or events
- Create promotional, repertory preview and recap videos for the professional company, Princeton Ballet School, and outreach programs
- Manage organization of all assets (logos, approved photos, videos, etc.) on shared drive
- In collaboration with the Communications Manager, develop, distribute, and maintain all materials including but not limited to e-newsletters, brochures, fact sheets, reports, program collateral, donor appeals, and published reports
- Manage Google AdWords, Google Analytics, iContact, social media/e-communication campaigns and other outreach projects
- Manage the productivity of the marketing plans in relation to ticket sales and tuition
- Produce reports for staff meetings and quarterly reports for Board of Trustees meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing, digital technologies or similar field
- Must have an interest and appreciation for dance; experience in the arts a plus
- 3-5 years minimum experience in developing and implementing marketing strategies, with proven success
- Good knowledge of all digital marketing channels and experience with online marketing tools and best practices
- Hands-on experience with SEO, Google Analytic, iContact, and graphic design tools
- Strong familiarity with web design and WordPress
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management, interpersonal, and communication skills
Salary/Benefits: Starting salary range is $70,000-$75,000, commensurate with experience. Compensation package includes paid vacation, holidays, personal and sick time, health benefits, complimentary tickets to organization performances and events, and free Open Division classes at Princeton Ballet School (PBS), plus tuition benefits for children enrolled at PBS.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Princeton Ballet Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or belief.
To Apply: Qualified candidates should submit their resumé and cover letter electronically to email@example.com
(please note the position title in your subject line).
American Repertory Ballet and Princeton Ballet School
Princeton, New Jersey, United States
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts administration, ballet, director, marketing, and performing arts. States: New Jersey.
Please Share the Marketing Director job: