General Manager→ St. Louis, Missouri, United States
The General Manager reports directly to the Managing Director and will provide essential operational support to our theatre. The three primary functions of this role are to support contracting, budgeting, and operations by managing the negotiation and integrity of our contracts, handling show budgets, and providing oversight for the day-to-day operations of the theatre.
The Rep is the St. Louis region’s most honored live professional theatre company. Founded in 1966, The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is a fully professional theatrical operation belonging to the League of Resident Theatres, The League of St. Louis Theatres and is a constituent member of Theatre Communications Group, Inc., the national service organization for the not-for-profit professional theatre.
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis creates bridges between people in the St. Louis region and beyond through expertly crafted theatrical experiences that are joyful, unique, inspiring and thought- provoking.
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis will be a welcoming home where a full spectrum of artists and audiences courageously engage with one another and expand their appreciation and understanding of the world.
Collective Excellence, Equity and Anti-Racism, Resource Stewardship for Sustainability and Growth, Life-long learning.
Our General Manager reports directly to the Managing Director and will provide essential operational support to our theatre. The three primary functions of this role are to support contracting, budgeting, and operations by managing the negotiation and integrity of our contracts, handling show budgets, and providing oversight for the day-to-day operations of the theatre. If you share a common goal of expanding public awareness of the essential contributions that the arts make to society, our opportunity as a General Manager might be the perfect role for you!
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is committed to creating a culturally diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We offer a strong compensation package including but not limited to: Health, dental and vision insurance, FSA Plan, 2 weeks of paid vacation in the first year of employment, 3 weeks per year after the first year, 403(b) Retirement Plan
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partnering closely with the Managing and Artistic Directors and the Artistic and Production Departments to support and achieve the Repertory Theatre of Louis’ mission, vision, and values.
- Overseeing preparation and monitoring of artistic production budgets.
- Supervise department of three staff members responsible for Events, Company Management, and Housing Facility Management.
- Negotiating license agreements, royalties, commission agreements, and contracts.
- Acting as a liaison with outside producers and events.
- Serving as the primary liaison to unions, managing and filing union reports, and administering and supervising compliance with CBA’s.
- Utilizing strategic planning skills by participating in season planning.
- Project management of various strategic initiatives as assigned.
- Supporting operational teams by ensuring the day-to-day operations of the theatre are running smoothly.
- Has a minimum of 3-5 years of as an associate general manager or general manager in a theatre or arts setting.
- Has experience with contracts, contract negotiations, and all manner of business agreements.
- Has experience with budgeting and financial reporting.
- Is tech savvy and has a demonstrated ability to seek out new programs and systems for the benefit of the organization’s operations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Values diversity as much as we do.
- Wants to have real stakes in the success of our theatre.
- Appreciates the value of arts in the community.
COVID-19 AND VACCINATION POLICY:
As a condition of employment, The Rep will require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including one booster.
This position requires the ability to work seated for several hours at a time. Some filing is required. The work environment is an air-conditioned, smoke-free, remote environment. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. This position may require local, day travel.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the job’s requirements. It does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required. The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis reserves the right to modify this job description at any time, including assigning or reassigning job duties or deleting this position.
Candidates should submit a cover letter (include where you saw this job posting) and resume to GMSearch@repstl.org.
No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted in Word or PDF format. Subject line should read: Last Name, First Name – General Manager.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: finance, management, manager, non-profit, and performing arts. States: Missouri.