Full-Time Executive Director
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of Exit 82.
Other key duties include fundraising, marketing and community outreach.
The position reports directly to the Board of Directors and is full-time, 40 hours/week.
- Leads Exit 82 in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Communicates effectively with the Board and provides, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Partners with the Board to ensure strong fiscal health and effective governance.
- Maintains a strong working relationship with the Board, encouraging all members to be active participants and organizational ambassadors throughout the community.
Fundraising and Strategic Partnerships:
- Oversees and implements strategies that will grow annual revenue, including the securing of funding from individual, corporate and foundation donors.
- Leads strategies and research to identify, prioritize, cultivate, solicit, recognize and steward all donors and prospects.
- Continues to deepen donor base and increase Exit 82 support.
- Strives to meet fundraising benchmarks and goals set by Exit 82’s Operational Staff and Board of Directors.
- Develops an organizational culture that supports cohesive, creative, and productive relationships with a variety of strategic partners.
- Develops strategic engagement opportunities and programs for building support from the corporate community in support of various initiatives.
- Develops and maintains sound financial practices.
- Works with the Board to prepare an annual budget and is responsible for fiscal management including operating within the approved budget, ensuring maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
Educational Programming & Community Engagement
- Formulates and implements a comprehensive educational program strategy to best serve the needs of the community.
- Supports Exit 82’s efforts to increase programming and activity.
- Develops and maintains theatre programming necessary to support Exit 82’s mission.
- Builds and maintains relationships through consistent communication and customer service via the Box Office, volunteer opportunities, internship program, events, and marketing efforts.
- Enhances Exit 82’s community engagement by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
Strategy & Organization Operations
- Leads strategic planning, in partnership with the Board of Directors, to ensure that Exit 82 can successfully fulfill its mission for the future.
- Oversees Exit 82’s day-to-day operations.
- Recruits, hires, and trains competent, qualified staff and mobilizes volunteers.
- Maintains a climate that attracts, keeps and motivates a diverse staff of top-quality people.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Five or more years of senior nonprofit management experience, theatre industry preferred
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Budget management skills including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Demonstrated fundraising experience, including but not limited to, event planning, sponsorship solicitation, peer to peer fundraising, major gifts fundraising, and grant writing
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey the vision of Exit 82’s strategic plan and programs to staff, board, volunteers, donors and the community
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate board members and volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated experience in managing people
- Strong public speaking ability
- Ability to work in a hands-on environment with limited resources
- Availability to work nights and weekends, as needed
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
Exit 82 Theatre is an equal-opportunity employer. Exit 82 Theatre does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Exit 82 Theatre values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, community focus, and innovation.
To apply, please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is June 30, 2019.Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, director, executive director, finance, fund-raising, marketing, and performing arts. States: New Jersey.
Please Share the Executive Director job: