Box Office Manager
The Box Office Manager will plan, organize, and direct the overall operations of the Box Office at the Columbia County Performing Arts Center.
They will ensure the sale of tickets for events at CCPAC are efficient, accurate, and customer friendly.
The Box Office Manager will provide the Finance department with accurate reports and respond to any inquiries.
They will act as primary contact and Box Office decision-maker for events.
The Box Office Manager will consult with and make recommendations to promoters and provide accurate reports as needed.
This person will be responsible for building events in Ticketmaster, ensuring all areas of event set-up are accurate.
They will develop, maintain, and implement a ticket seller training program.
They will respond to customer service calls including ADA customer inquiries, and ADA event seating procedures.
The Box Office Manager will oversee ticket seller scheduling and ensure events are appropriately staffed.
They will act as liaison for the CCPAC with promoters and clients and coordinate and disseminate event information with appropriate CCPAC staff.
- Develops full knowledge of the Ticketmaster system and attends TM webinars in order to maintain a high level of efficiency. Prior experience preferred.
- Builds all ticketed events in Ticketmaster and works events in all venues as needed.
- Interacts with promoters and Ticketmaster to ensure accuracy of event set-up for ticket sales.
- Creates scaling and event diagrams and distributes to box office staff, marketing, Ticketmaster, and promoters as needed. Provides sold/hold maps for day of show and leading up to the day of show.
- Handles all aspects of event management from on sale through event day.
- Issues complimentary tickets and pulls promoter/group ticket orders.
- Reconciles promoter/fan club consignments prior to event and informs Finance of any monies needing to be held back at settlement.
- Submits accurate reports to Finance in a timely manner.
- Administers the full range of ADA Compliance: is the main contact for and supervises oversight of ADA customer inquiries and ADA event seating procedures.
- Mentors and coaches Box Office employees. Responsible for customer service training and other job specific training for ticket sellers.
- Issues seller banks, oversees sellers during events, and reconciles their sales at the end of shifts.
- Responsible for making daily deposits and auditing vault cash.
- Ensures box office is clean and fully stocked prior to working an event. Checks ticket stock, computers, printers, pens, etc.
- Ensures Box Office is run efficiently and accurately on a daily basis and encourages excellent customer service at all times.
- Performs other similar duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Associate’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations or Business or a related field with one (1) to three (3) years of experience in an event venue with computerized ticketing; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
- Prior event related experience and experience with Ticketmaster or other related programs is preferred.
Applicants with equivalent experience/education may be considered
- Ability to analyze situations to pinpoint problems and assist with solving problems or identifying sources of obstacles.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships as required by work assignments.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to analyze and interpret policy and procedural guidelines and to apply this understanding to tasks.
- Ability to bring resources together to resolve a problem or provide a solution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to anticipate problems and implement immediate corrective actions.
- Ability to prepare and interpret applicable financial and business reports.
All candidates MUST apply online at www.columbiacountyga.gov/county/jobs/application-instructions
Contact Martha Bartles at firstname.lastname@example.org for application questions.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: box office, manager, office manager, and performing arts. States: Georgia.
Please Share the Box Office Manager job: