Box Office Manager
Box Office Manager
This position is part of the sales and marketing team and oversees all day-to-day operations of the Box Office to ensure smooth and efficient sales for PBO’s patrons, ticket buyers, and the general public. The position reports to the Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications and works in close collaboration with all other departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage subscriptions and individual ticket sales to all PBO events.
- Maintain accurate customer data (subscribers and ticket buyers) in PatronManager in order to promote PBO fundraising, publicity efforts, and sales efforts.
- Maintain a high level of customer service in all PBO interactions.
- Train, schedule, and supervise Box Office staff as needed.
- Develop and maintain a box office operations manual.
- Generate regular management reports with accurate, up to date data on individual ticket sales and subscriptions.
- Provide analysis of ticket buying and subscription trends to identify challenges an opportunities for PBO.
- Create ticketed events, seating maps, assist in venue builds, subscriptions, and rollovers in PatronManager.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies between box office data and the finance department.
- Specialize in assisting single ticket buyers, groups sales and subscribers with ticket purchases.
- Identify single ticket buyers who are likely prospects to become subscribers.
- Receive and respond to a wide range of public inquiries, disputes, complaints, and special issues.
- Work with staff members to set up events, maintain seating manifests, maintain financial records, and manage the preparation, presentation, and settlement of all event box office statements.
- Other duties as assigned.
New Hire Qualifications
A cheerful, energetic, and enthusiastic problem solver who has a passion for customer service. The ability to provide leadership when managing multiple priorities in high stress situations with a positive outlook. Enjoys working with the public and possess excellent conflict resolution skills.
Education and Knowledge:
Three to five years Box Office experience with progressive responsibility. Experience working with CRM-style ticketing systems, such as PatronManager, Tessitura, Salesforce, Sugar CRM, etc.. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Switchboard, ticketing machines, standard office machines
Reliable transportation required. Flexible schedule that will require working some nights and weekends during season.
- The salary range for this position is $55,000 to $65,000 annually, depending on experience.
The Box Office Manager is a full-time exempt position.
Palm Beach Opera offers generous benefits and an excellent working environment.
How to Apply
Please forward your cover letter and résumé in pdf format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Palm Beach Opera is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all facets of the organization, and is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex, age, familial status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, military service and veteran status, or genetic information.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: box office, manager, opera, and ticketing. States: Florida.
Please Share the Box Office Manager job: