- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
I am a curator, cultural producer, writer and arts administrator with over 20 years of experience in visual arts and public programming, events management, strategic thinking and leadership, non-profit leadership, arts administration, financial and organizational management as well as grant writing, fundraising and strategic planning.
I am passionate about using my vast professional experience and dedication to cultural communities to support artists and art production and to make creative experiences accessible to the residents and visitors of California.
- MFA, Creative Writing 2004 California College of the Arts, San Francisco, CA
- MA, Visual Criticism 2003 California College of the Arts, San Francisco, CA
- BA, Classical Philosophy 1998 St. Mary’s College, Moraga, CA
Foundation Director, Saint Joseph’s Arts Society, 2018 – present
- Responsible for creating and managing a multi-disciplinary, non-profit arts organization as part of a larger cultural institution, The Saint Joseph’s Arts Society.
- Responsible for establishing cultural partnerships with artists and arts organizations to create dynamic programming as well as greater awareness of creative communities throughout the Bay Area and beyond.
- Create and work with events staff to produce live and digital events.
- Schedule and coordinate all aspects of cultural programming, including serving as primary contact person for artists and guest curators; arranging for the delivery and installation of artwork; conducting audience outreach and community engagement activities; and designing educational and public programming.
- Write public facing communications about programming and events.
- Work with communications team to develop press releases and coordinate with event photographers.
- Develop and administer contracts and agreements with artists and contract employees.
- Directs and manages the non-profit Foundation at Saint Joseph’s Arts Society at both the San Francisco and Healdsburg, CA locations..
- Manages all programming staff, interns, outside vendors and support staff. o Manages 22,000 square foot building including all facilities maintenance, security, landscaping and more.
Independent Art Consultant, Ongoing
- 2017: Served as a curatorial consultant for the San Francisco Arts Commission for the acquisition of new work for San Francisco International Airport.
- 2014 – Present: Served as a panelist for multiple city public part projects for the San Francisco Arts Commission
- 2017: Served as a panelist for the individual artist grant application for the San Francisco Arts Commission
- Curatorial and administrative consulting and project management for cultural producers and arts organizations. Recent clients include; Berkeley Art Center, Southern Exposure, San Francisco Arts Commission Galleries and BART Art in Transit program.
- Highly experienced in arts administration including development and fundraising events, database and information management, strategic planning, creating innovative partnerships and improving organizational frameworks.
- Seasoned curator and creative director overseeing all aspects of developing a visual arts exhibition from initial research through the production and/or commissioning of new work through all marketing and external relations through completion of project.
Director of Exhibitions and Public Programming, Fort Mason Center for Arts & Culture, 2016-2017
- Develop, in collaboration with FMCAC programming team, new art projects, partnerships, and Artists-in-Residence programs.
- Develop Arts Master Plan, with a focus on art in public spaces and building strategic partnerships.
- Issue calls for proposals and coordinate the selection process.
- Schedule and coordinate all aspects of FMCAC arts programming each year, including serving as primary contact person for artists and guest curators; arranging for the delivery and installation of artwork; conducting audience outreach and community engagement activities; and designing educational and public programming. o Develop and administer contracts and agreements.
- Work with staff to design and/or generate appropriate PR and outreach materials, and to develop community outreach strategies.
- Recruit and train appropriate volunteers and staff to FMCAC arts programming including; ushers, gallery sitters and docents, installation crew, and selection panels. o Manage program budget and ensure that income and expenses stay on course throughout the fiscal year.
- Participate in grant writing and fundraising efforts. Participate in and support organization-wide events.
- Represent FMCAC to the San Francisco arts community and beyond.
Executive Director, Berkeley Art Center, 2013-2016
- Work with the Board of Directors to set and implement the vision, mission and programming of Berkeley Art Center (BAC).
- Work with Board of Directors to develop annual budget and specific program budgets as well as both the short and long-term strategy of BAC.
- Oversee all financial operations of organization from bookkeeping, fundraising, development, operations and programming.
- Recruit, hire and manage staff, independent contractors, interns and volunteers. o Work with Board of Directors to develop and maintain effective standard of operations, staff management and non-profit administration.
- Implement a comprehensive development program including annual fundraisers, membership campaigns, individual and corporate asks and sponsorships.
- Serve as primary curator to the organization.
- Work with staff and programming committee to develop public programs, Programs for Young Artists at BAC and professional development workshops. o Work with staff on all communications with media, social networks, schools and partnering organizations.
- Work with local elected officials, city government agencies, community organizations and cultural stakeholders to increase resources and support for BAC. o Positively represent BAC in the community and create avenues to allow Board of Directors, staff, interns and other stakeholders do the same.
Gallery Manager, San Francisco Arts Commission Gallery, 2008-2013
- Responsible for the installation of 12-15 exhibitions annually in all three SFAC Gallery spaces.
- Manage all contracts, billing, bookkeeping, administration and overall relationships with all exhibiting artists, contract employees and vendors. o Curate exhibitions, public programming and events
- Manage all gallery art sales from exhibitions and limited edition program. o Manage all bookkeeping for the organization including; payables and receivables, maintaining all relationships with all vendors, booking all in kind donations, generating reports for staff, advisory board and Commissioners.
- Manage and update the SFAC Gallery website and social networking sites. Write and distribute all email broadcasts to a list of over 3000 subscribers.
- Manage and maintain the database for the Gallery as well as the SFAC agency. o Manage all fundraising and related events including the annual Passport event. o Manage all part-time staff, interns, contract employees and volunteers
- strategic planing
- arts programming
- event production
- event management