Store Visual Manager→ New York, New York, United States
The Museum of Modern Art is currently accepting applications for a Store Visual Manager in its Retail Division. Reporting to the Retail Art Director, with a dotted line reporting into Director of Merchandising for store visuals, the Store Visual Manager crafts omnichannel marketing campaigns and develops, manages and maintains visual store graphics for the Retail Division, from window presentations to in-store signage and graphics.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Partners with Art Director to develop creative omnichannel concepts for upcoming seasons and key campaigns, including seasonal launches, pop-ups, and holiday.
• Creates visual displays for MoMA Design Store windows and interiors based on creative directives; creates graphics for displays. Prepares visual plans/communications for international Store partners and provides feedback on their visual plans and presentations.
• Designs product, promotional and way-finding signage for the stores. Oversees the implementation of all signage for each store location.
• Designs signage templates and style guide for MoMA Shop-in-Shop presentations with international partners. Manages exchange of information between partners and MoMA Retail.
• Manages a small freelance team to install Store window presentations, including supervision of painting, prop building, and rigging; sets-up major floor and window presentations. Cultivates talent for future installs.
• Manages a visual budget, with input from the Director of Merchandising, for each Store location and oversees payment on related invoicing. Collaborates with Store Managers on setting yearly budget priorities, and creates visual budget under advisement of the Director of Merchandising and Art Director.
• Researches and costs out materials for display; creates displays within budget considerations.
• Manages outside vendors to design fixtures for the Stores.
• Schedules installations and manages Visual Calendar.
• Oversees transportation of visual materials/fixtures to and from fabricators/storage to Stores.
• Maintains display; schedules time in all retail venues on a weekly basis to monitor appearance of all displays/fixtures and notes when repairs are needed; schedules repairs when necessary.
• Makes, executes and exercises independent judgment about Retail related management policies.
• Advises Assistant Visual Store Managers on maintaining visual standards for all Stores. Leads the Visual Touch Base meetings with the Assistant Visual Managers on a regular basis. Partners with Assistant Managers on merchandising of window presentations.
• Supports Store staff for Store openings and outside vendors for renovations.
• Provides support for trade show/wholesale; creates booth visuals, merchandise booth; fabricates displays and hangs product/signage.
• Assists Marketing and Promotions Department in the set-up of press events (two press events per year); develops lookbook, coordinates and manages set-up, i.e. lighting and furniture placement, merchandise platforms and signage.
• Bachelor of Fine Arts degree (focus in exhibition design and/or graphic design preferred; interest or minor in architecture or interior design a plus) and three to five years demonstrated experience in design for retail and/or exhibition spaces or equivalent.
• Must have a portfolio that demonstrates design for way-finding, product, and promotional signage.
• Strong design sensibility and good understanding of the MoMA Design Store brand aesthetic.
• Ability to think both two- and three-dimensionally.
• Ability to partner across multiple teams.
• Experience managing freelancers and contractors for graphic installations, creating and managing budgets, managing a contract team required for fixture design, repairs and graphic installations.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Skilled in the use of additional creative tools in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite of basic business tools. Working knowledge of AutoCad/Google, Sketch-up.
• Good sense of style and color.
Manages freelance design and install staff. Dotted line reporting relationship with Assistant Visual Store Managers on store signage, wayfinding, and installations.
Retail Art Director. Dotted-reporting into Director of Merchandising for store visuals.
Minimum of $75,000 to a maximum of $85,000 per annum
How to Apply
To apply, CLICK HERE
Please visit MoMA Jobs
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement:
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at the Museum, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, arrest or conviction record to the extent required by applicable law, credit history, or any other protected category as established by applicable law, including the New York City Human Rights Law (“NYCHRL”).
More jobs at The Museum of Modern Art: MOMA jobs
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: exhibition, manager, MOMA, museum, and non-profit. States: New York.