Temporary Production Manager
Signature Theatre, one of New York’s leading Off-Broadway theatres, is seeking a Production Manager to help us on a project basis during our upcoming season which begins in late September 2018. The Production Manager will be assigned a specific production in our upcoming season.
Founded in 1991, Signature Theatre celebrates playwrights and gives them an artistic home, producing six to eight productions annually. In 2005 Signature began its groundbreaking Signature Ticket Initiative, providing affordable tickets to all of its productions. In 2012, Signature opened the Pershing Square Signature Center, the Frank Gehry-designed 75,000 square foot Center featuring three theatres, two rehearsal studios, a central, public lobby with a café and bookstore, as well as administrative offices. In 2014, Signature became the first New York City theatre to receive the Regional Theatre Tony Award.
Reporting to the Director of Production, the Production Manager oversees all production aspects for a show from design through its execution and subsequent run. The Production Manager plays an integral part in the design and execution of all production elements working closely with a diverse artistic Team which includes the Design Team, the Director and the Playwright. Working together with Signature Theatre’s Artistic Line Producer the two work to ensure a cost effective and timely delivery of all production elements. The Production Manager will also ensure a proper maintenance schedule is created and maintained for all production elements during the run of each production.
- In conjunction with the Artistic Line Producer maintain open communications between Designers, Director and Department Supervisors throughout the design and bid process
- Work collaboratively with Artistic Line Producer, Designer and Department Supervisors to achieve the highest possible artistic standards within the available budget.
- Work with Department Supervisors on the logistics of planning, organization and scheduling for load in, tech, run and load out of each production
- Work with Design Team and Artistic Line Producer to determine run crew needs and works with Department Supervisors to hire all run crew
- Create the schedules for load in, work calls during technical and preview rehearsals, and load out for each production
- Oversee the load in and load out of each production and make sure deadlines and schedules are met
- Keep in touch with the Production Stage Manager during rehearsals and run to ensure all needs are met within the available budget.
- Actively communicate with all Signature Theatre departments as necessary about developments in the process that may affect them.
- Coordinate production elements for all ancillary events such as Page to Stage, Talk Backs, and other supplementary programs for each production
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of Production Management or equivalent experience in the managing of production elements from concept to execution. The ideal candidate would also have strong communication, organization, time management and collaborative skills.
This is a temporary position, paid a weekly salary. The position would not be benefits eligible. Preference is given to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Please email a single .pdf file containing your cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com
Please include “Production Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Signature Theatre is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation.
For more information on Signature please visit: www.signaturetheatre.org.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Temporary. Job Tags: manager, production, and theatre. States: New York.
Please Share the Production Manager job: