Full-Time Director of Individual Giving
MoMA PS1 seeks a Director of Individual Giving to oversee a strong and diverse individual giving portfolio, support the museum Director with high-level strategy and donor cultivation, and support the overall operations of the Development Department.
The Director will be responsible for managing and growing the individual giving portfolio, managing special events including the annual gala, and supports corporate sponsorship events.
Additionally, the Director will contribute to strategic planning for the Development Department and the broader External Affairs team to ensure the sustainability of PS1’s funding streams.
Reports to the Director of External Affairs and works independently with PS1’s Director, Kate Fowle.
Supervises a Development Associate. Works closely with the Assistant Director of Institutional Giving to collaboratively meet institutional fundraising goals.
- Work directly with the Board of Directors and high-level donors, managing donor cultivation and communication.
- Serve as a representative to the director of MoMA PS1 to key stakeholders such as the Board of Trustees, patrons, major donors, the leaders of foundations and government agencies, among others.
- Identify, solicit, and steward donors for the Museum’s individual giving program ($10k+) and develop strategies to support prospecting campaigns and donor engagement.
- Direct annual gala, end of year appeals, and other fundraising engagements and events throughout the year in support of general operating and program specific funds.
- Solicit major gifts in support of PS1’s Strategic Transition Fund, including overseeing a forthcoming large-scale benefit auction.
- Review, shepherd, and grow the Greater New Yorkers patron group and, over time, develop additional patron groups and programs to support PS1’s programming..
- With the Controller and COO, review and manage the institutional budgets, fundraising pipeline and ensure fundraising goals are met.
- Work collaboratively as part of PS1’s External Affairs Team and support efforts to promote PS1’s initiatives and increase the Museum’s profile among philanthropic constituencies.
- Support implementation of corporate partnerships; collaborate with the Manager of Institutional Giving and the MoMA External Affairs department on large scale corporate initiatives.
- Support a culture of fundraising within the institution, ensuring fundraising is integral to all program successes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum of 7 years of fundraising experience, focusing on major gifts. Experience developing fundraising strategy a must, with 2-3 years of experience managing staff preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree with a focus on fundraising or business administration preferred. Equivalent experience in lieu of education requirements will be considered.
- A proven track record of success within individual donor cultivation and management, and / or corporate giving or major gifts is an asset.
- Strong budget management experience preferred.
- Ability to navigate a dynamic calendar with shifting priorities, cool under pressure and able to manage competing deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication, able to capture the voice of MoMA PS1 and produce language appropriate for the target audience.
- Experience working with and leading a diverse team of development professionals.
- Experience working in a museum setting or other not-for-profit related field.
- Ability to attend evening and off hour donor cultivation events, as needed.
Salary and Benefits
The salary is commensurate with experience with a range of $90,000 to $110,000 for this position. MoMA PS1 offers health, vision and dental insurance; access to a 401k retirement account; and support services through our employee assistance program.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Director of Individual Giving” in the subject line.
Be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of open positions. Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at MoMA PS1. MoMA PS1 is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
For more information about MoMA PS1, please visit moma.org/ps1.
MoMA PS1 is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, exhibition, gallery, manager, media, MOMA, and museum. States: New York.
Please Share the Director of Individual Giving job: