Full-Time Digital Content Project Manager
The Digital Content Project Manager oversees the conceptualization and implementation of the Bloomberg Connects digital visitor guide at PS1 and supports other digital initiatives across social media and online programming platforms. This position will be responsible for developing interpretive media and managing the overall strategy, production, writing, recording, filming, and editing of multimedia projects included in the digital visitor guides, liaising with Museum colleagues across departments on conceptualization and research. The Bloomberg Connects projects will include audio, visual, and text-based interpretation to complement exhibitions, institutional history, and artist interventions within the building, prioritizing creative audience outreach and accessibility best practices. In addition, the Digital Project Manager will be responsible for asset management, project management, and copy editing related to all digital initiatives.
This position is a full-time, limited-term post ending after a total of 12 months.
The Project Manager reports to the Digital Marketing Manager at MoMA PS1, and works in close collaboration with the Digital Media Fellow and the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Manage the production of creative and compelling digital storytelling to complement MoMA PS1’s programs and initiatives.
- Engage with new methods in audio, video, and visual storytelling and other forms of interpretive media to reach a broad audience online and onsite.
- Develop and produce a full suite of institutional and exhibition-focused content for Bloomberg Connects, a free digital guide to cultural organizations around the world.
- Independently manage projects and liaise with curatorial staff and external stakeholders including cinematographers, captioning and translation vendors, artists, and collaborators.
- In collaboration with the Digital Marketing Manager, expand the reach of Bloomberg Connects content across web, email, and social media.
- Track analytics for digital initiatives and support reporting efforts in collaboration with Communications and Development teams.
- Assist with department asset management, copy editing, and administrative needs.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in digital media storytelling required, familiarity with Bloomberg Connects app preferred.
- Project management experience, with demonstrated success managing complex, large-scale projects from concept to completion in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing deadlines.
- Strong writing and editing skills with a sensitivity to tone and platform.
- Excellent organization, strategic planning, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital media best practices and the use of digital content as part of an overall communications strategy.
- Proficient in pre- and post-production processes for audio and video content.
- Experience with social media platforms, website content management systems and digital asset management desirable.
- Knowledge of, and interest in, contemporary art and performance, and MoMA PS1 and its programming is an asset.
- Ability to work productively and collaboratively with management and staff, and maintain a highly professional and positive attitude in a dynamic and creative setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, be proactive, and take initiative, balanced with skill in executing plans and tasks with precise and nuanced instructions.
Salary and Benefits
The salary is $58,500 for this position. MoMA PS1 offers health, vision and dental insurance; access to a 401k retirement account; and support services through our employee assistance program.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Digital Content Project Manager” in the subject line.
Be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of open positions. Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at MoMA PS1. MoMA PS1 is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
For more information about MoMA PS1, please visit moma.org/ps1.
MoMA PS1 is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, exhibition, gallery, manager, media, MOMA, and museum. States: New York.
Please Share the Digital Content Project Manager job: