Development Associate, Foundation and Corporate Relations
Full-time, Exempt Job
The Development Associate, Foundation and Corporate Relations is an integral member of the External Affairs team, with the primary responsibility of helping PS1 deepen relationships with foundations, corporate sponsors, and government agencies.
The Associate will work closely with development staff on research and writing to support fundraising activities as well as to manage donor databases and reporting.
This is an exciting position for an organized individual with strong written communications skills and demonstrated success identifying institutional prospects, maintaining administrative workflows, and ensuring the integrity of the Museum’s development data.
Under the guidance of the Assistant Director of Institutional Giving, the Associate will develop a detailed understanding of the grantmaking process and support in drafting and submitting proposals to grantmaking institutions in support of PS1.
The Associate will also work closely with peer departments at The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA).
This position reports to the Assistant Director of Institutional Giving but will work closely across PS1, including with Finance and Accounting, Communications, Curatorial, Visitor Engagement, Operations, and the Director’s Office. This role has some direct interaction with donors and provides critical support to building and maintaining donor relationships.
This position has joint supervision of seasonal Development interns.
- Maintain and oversee data entry for the Development Team, ensuring accurate and reliable data for reporting and communication with foundations and individual donors (grants, donations, and gift processing)
- Prepare drafts for grant applications; manage grant calendar and ensure all reporting requirements and acknowledgement are executed on time
- Conduct prospective research and support the development of PS1’s network of foundations and grant opportunities.
- Provide drafts and support with copyediting PS1’s grant proposals, gather all required material and information for submission.
- Develop materials and slide decks for presentations and meetings, as necessary.
- Draft and support the submission of PS1’s end- of- year reporting across various internal and government systems.
- Support internal reporting to departments in the Museum of Modern Art and at PS1
- Two (2) years of work experience in development, focusing on foundation, institutional giving, and/or grantmaking; preferably in a museum or arts non-profit.
- Strong organizational ability, analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Exceptional written communications skills, grant writing experience preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office, including mail merges and spreadsheet data management. Experience with Salesforce or equivalent development database software (Raiser’s Edge, etc.) is strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate and work productively and collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders, internal and external.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, and balance priorities, while working in a collaborative setting that involves shared decision-making and program responsibility.
- Exceptional judgment, professionalism, and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive situations and matters.
- Passion for and understanding of MoMA PS1’s mission and program work.
- Ability to speak one of the top five (5) languages spoken in Queens, NY (Spanish, Chinese, Bengali, Korean, Russian) is an asset.
Compensation and Benefits
This position is permanent and full-time with a salary range of $53,000-$58,500. Benefits include 20 days paid vacation leave; 10 days paid sick leave; 10 paid holidays; and 3 paid personal days; participation in a 401(k); life insurance; medical/health (including visual and dental); transit, health, and dependent care FSA; and pension plan.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Development Associate, Foundation and Corporate Relations” in the subject line. For more information about MoMA PS1, please visit www.moma.org/ps1.
Please be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions. Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at MoMA PS1.
MoMA PS1 is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, development, exhibition, fund-raising, MOMA, and museum. States: New York.
Please Share the Development Associate job: