Part-Time Gallery Associate
Serves as MoMA PS1’s representative in exhibition spaces and facilitates a positive relationship between art, audience, and the museum. Provides a high level of customer service and develops a strong familiarity with MoMA PS1 history, relevant past exhibitions, long-term installations, programs, and current exhibitions. Reports to Manager of Visitor Engagement; also takes direction from Visitor Engagement floor supervisor.
• Minimum of two years experience in visitor service, hospitality, and/or sales, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills, including ability to present information effectively in one-on-one and group settings and to facilitate positive dialogue with audience.
• Strong engagement with and knowledge of contemporary art and/or museums, with interest in critical discourse.
• Strong observation and awareness abilities, including noticing unusual circumstances or situations requiring attention, and generally being aware of one’s surroundings.
• Demonstrated on-the-spot problem-solving and decision-making ability.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to work effectively and collegially as part of larger team and in service of team and institutional goals.
• Ability to work holidays and weekends as required by exhibitions and special events.
The position requires two shifts per week.
HOW TO APPLY
MoMA PS1 job application guidelines.
Please send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line.
Please be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions. Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at MoMA PS1.
MoMA PS1 is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
About MoMA PS1
MoMA PS1 is devoted to today’s most experimental, thought-provoking contemporary art. Founded in 1971 as P.S.1 Contemporary Art Center, it is the first nonprofit arts center in the US devoted solely to contemporary art. Recognized as a defining force in the alternative space movement, MoMA PS1 stands out from other major arts institutions through its distinctive approach to exhibitions and direct involvement of artists. In 2000 The Museum of Modern Art and P.S.1 Contemporary Art Center merged, creating the largest platform for contemporary art in the US—and one of the largest in the world. Ten years later P.S.1 was renamed MoMA PS1 to better reflect its relationship with The Museum of Modern Art. Functioning as a living, active meeting place for the general public, MoMA PS1 is a catalyst for ideas, discourses, and new trends in contemporary art.Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: associate, exhibition, gallery, media, MOMA, and museum. States: New York.
Please Share the Gallery Associate job: