TheatreSquared seeks a Marketing Associate to join the organization’s team as it seeks to develop a larger, more loyal, and more inclusive audience in its brand-new, $31 million home.
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Communication, this team member will support driving ticketing and earned revenue for the non-profit organization in a culture of high-level customer service and effective communication.
This staff member will also create and maintain materials that align with T2’s mission and brand.
The Marketing Associate role will have a special focus on creative copywriting, reporting, online advertising, and audience research/development.
By expanding the theatre’s audience with a commitment to inclusion and access, this key staff member will help TheatreSquared to answer the question, “How can a theatre be an agent of social change—helping foster a community that is fundamentally more equitable?”
The Marketing Associate will:
- Compose compelling copy for show campaigns, email campaigns, web headlines, and press releases—ensuring that messages are supportive of and consistent with marketing strategy and T2’s aspiration to attract, engage and inspire audiences
- Assist in monitoring active marketing programs, delivering content via social media channels, email, or direct mail, and developing ways to improve those campaigns
- Create weekly reports and analysis for direct mail, ad placements, and email blasts
- Collaborate to conduct market analysis to keep up with changing demographic and other relevant issues to assist with evaluating marketing and communication activities
- Assist with maintaining and updating database
- Submit ideas for marketing initiatives designed to enhance and grow the company’s audience in Northwest Arkansas and online
- Work closely with the team to create graphic pieces for display, mailing, advertorial placement, and other signage
- Represent TheatreSquared at community events, gatherings, and festivals to grow awareness and participation
- Lead additional research, administrative tasks and or special projects as needed
- Report to the Director of Marketing & Communications and Marketing Manager
Finally, the ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong passion for TheatreSquared’s mission and vision, as well as a commitment to the company’s principles of inclusion, diversity, equity, anti-racism, and access.
To apply, submit a cover letter, employment resume, and references by visiting theatresquared.bamboohr.com/jobs/ .
TheatreSquared celebrates diversity and commits to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The company’s goal is to remove barriers to employment that are faced by racialized groups and encourage applicants of all genders, abilities, and ethnic, socio-economic, religious, and educational backgrounds. TheatreSquared believes that a team with a variety of perspectives and skills is critical to our growth as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Please note: All interviews at this time will be held via video service (Google, Zoom, etc.)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This permanent, full-time, exempt position includes an annual salary in range of $35,000-40,000 and full benefits. These benefits include health; dental; paid time off; relocation assistance; paid parental leave; professional development allowance; employer-sponsored long-term and short-term disability; $100,000 in employer-sponsored term life insurance; and voluntary 401(k).
We believe that theatre—done well and with passion—can transform lives and communities. At the theatre, in schools and online, we create remarkable performances; broaden access; foster empathy, equity and cohesion; and gather with one another around art, conversation, food and other shared experiences in a welcoming, inclusive space.
THE COMPANY & REGION
TheatreSquared’s signature offering of bold new plays in an intimate setting has driven its growth to become the state’s largest theatre, offering more than 300 performances annually and operating on a $6 million annual budget. The playwright-led company is one of mid-America’s leading laboratories for new work, having launched more than 60 new plays. Its work has received critical acclaim from The New York Times (“Best Theater of 2020” list), The Wall Street Journal (“an outstanding drama company”), NPR’s All Things Considered, and the American Theatre Wing, founder of the Tony Awards.
TheatreSquared’s home—winner of the 2020 American Architecture Award and the AIA NY Honor Award—is a cultural landmark. T2’s hometown of Fayetteville is annually ranked among the top ten US News and World Report “Best Places to Live,” a progressive, bike-friendly, and scenic college community near several Fortune 100 world headquarters. TheatreSquared’s remarkable expansion—with a twentyfold increase in audience in just the past decade— parallels the emergence of its home region as a booming population center and destination for American art.
Offering far-reaching access and education programs and an open-all-day gathering space, TheatreSquared remains rooted in its founding vision, that “theatre—done well and with passion—can transform lives and communities.”
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: advertising, marketing, and theatre. States: Arkansas.
Please Share the Marketing Associate job: