• Totem Pole Playhouse, Pennsylvania’s premiere professional summer theatre, located in the spectacular 1,200-acre Caledonia State Park between Gettysburg and Chambersburg, PA, is seeking a full slate of technical staff positions (including Equity Membership Candidates) for this legendary A.E.A./COST summer theatre’s 69th award-winning 5-show season.
• The Totem Pole Playhouse 2019 season schedule runs May 14th thru September 8th. Contract dates vary with some flexibility in regards to start dates and end dates, but applicants should ideally be available for the entire season.
• Totem Pole Playhouse is a fully-professional Equity summer theatre with an excellent reputation within the industry. Please be honest about your abilities. Inability to follow through with prescribed duties will result in termination.
• Staff salaries are competitive and dependent on prior experience.
• If required, most staff positions provide housing in private bedrooms within shared staff houses.
Smoke on the Mountain
The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas
Wrong Turn at Lungfish
Interns for the following Departments:
Lighting, Audio, Scenic, Costumers, Paint. May 13- Sept 9th- These dates are flexible.
Interns will work assist props master, technical director and master carpenter. Interns will assist props master acquiring all rehearsal and performance props for our productions. Interns will also assist the technical director and master carpenter with the preparation of set designs, and work on the construction, painting, installation and striking of sets for the four productions. Use of power tools is essential. Scenic/Prop intern will also serve as deck crew for productions during the season. Interns may be required to work in other departments throughout the season.
Paint Intern- (1)
Intern will assist the scenic charge. Work opportunities include varying types of scenic treatments for both realistic and abstract sets with color mixing and foam carving. Interns may be required to work in other departments throughout the season.
Electrics/Audio Intern- (3)
Intern will assist master electrician and sound engineer. Intern will work on a variety of projects and assignments season. Responsibilities for this position include participating in all sound/light system and projection setups, installation, and strikes; and performing general maintenance of sound/light and projection equipment. Interns may be required to work in other departments throughout the season.
Costume Intern- (3)
Interns will assist the designers with, construction, and alteration of costumes for the four productions during our season. Interns will serve as wardrobe backstage during productions. Interns will be responsible for the laundering and preparation for dry cleaning of costumes as well as ironing and any repairs necessary once the show is open. Interns may be required to work in other departments throughout the season.
How to Apply
Please send resume, cover letter, and names and contact information of 3 references, to Robert Salm, Production Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Totem Pole Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, creed, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Internship. Job Tags: internship and theatre. States: Pennsylvania.
Please Share the Internships job: