Full-Time Instructor – Voice
The Juilliard School seeks applicants for its voice faculty to teach all levels of undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate classical singers.
Responsibilities include teaching weekly applied lessons and possible studio classes, participation in annual college admissions auditions and jury exams, and collaboration with the Vocal Arts Department towards providing an appropriate, well-rounded, and individualized performance curriculum for Juilliard singers.
• Artist Faculty with significant reputation as a teacher of voice, with a demonstrated track record for preparing talented voice students of varying degree levels for a career
• Capacity to recruit, teach, and mentor a diverse student body of the highest quality at varying degree levels ranging from undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate
• Knowledge of the current trends in the profession and the ability to articulate a forward-looking vision of a conservatory student’s training
• Understanding of and commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging, and the mission of The Juilliard School
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit:
• Letter of Application
• Three references (names and contact information)
• Video link(s) of recent performances and/or masterclass teaching (optional)
Job # 564
# of Openings: 2
The Juilliard School’s mission is to provide the highest caliber of artistic education for gifted musicians, dancers, and actors from around the world so that they may achieve their fullest potential as artists, leaders, and global citizens. Located at Lincoln Center in New York City, Juilliard offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in dance, drama (acting and playwriting), and music (classical, jazz, historical performance, and vocal arts). Currently more than 800 artists from 40 states and 38 countries and regions are enrolled at Juilliard, where they appear in over 700 annual performances in the school’s five theaters; at Lincoln Center’s Alice Tully and David Geffen halls and at Carnegie Hall; as well as at other venues around New York City, the country, and the world. Beyond its New York campus, Juilliard is defining new directions in global performing arts education for a range of learners and enthusiasts through The Tianjin Juilliard School and K-12 educational curricula.
The Juilliard School is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and working environment. Therefore, employment with Juilliard is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background investigation.
Job Categories: Education. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts education, music, school, and teaching. States: New York.
Please Share the Instructor – Voice job: