Full-Time Social Media Manager
The Museum of the City of New York celebrates and interprets the city, educating the public about its distinctive character, especially its heritage of diversity, opportunity, and perpetual transformation. Founded in 1923 as a private, nonprofit corporation, the Museum connects the past, present, and future of New York City. It serves the people of New York and visitors from around the world through exhibitions, school and public programs, publications, and collections.
The Social Media Manager tells the story with text, video, and photographic content of the Museum of the City of New York across its social media channels, engaging with, monitoring, and growing the Museum’s audience. They manage the day-to-day activities on the channels, coordinating within and across departments to develop a dynamic editorial calendar.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop overall social media strategy to drive engagement and increase followers for the institution
– Develop channel-specific, timely content and campaigns to support editorial calendar for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Snapchat appropriately maintaining the brand voice across platforms to engage followers
• Collaborate with curatorial, public programs, education, group tours, and family programs stakeholders to develop compelling content to support attendance and drive engagement
• Conduct livestreamed social media events in support of the Museum’s collection and exhibitions
• Pitch creative concepts for organization-wide social media initiatives, influencer outreach, and campaigns — both video and audio
• Stay on top of emerging social channels; analyze and formally present opportunities for growth
• Report actionable insights and KPIs on a regular basis
• Monitor and report trends in social media, competitor, and channel topics
• Run cross-platform social advertising campaigns
A successful candidate will have:
• A self-starter who is excited to uncover new tools, opportunities, and behaviors to drive the Museum’s marketing thinking forward
• Excellent writing, editing, communication, and presentation skills
• 4+ years’ experience managing social media channels for a brand or nonprofit; integrated marketing experience a plus
• A team player with a great attitude
• Strong knowledge of social media channels and tools and digital marketing
• Above average knowledge and experience using programs such as Excel, InDesign, Mail Chimp, PowerPoint, and Word
• Detail-oriented with great organization skills
• Ability to meet deadlines, think on feet, and multi-task
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications or related field
Excellent benefits package, including a defined benefit pension plan as well as a 401K savings plan.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to the Museum of the City of New York Attention: Human Resources Department to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered, please include Social Media Manager within the subject line of your email.
The Museum of the City of New York is committed to fostering a collaborative and respectful work environment with a staff as diverse as New York City and the audiences who are curious about learning more about its history and engaging in contemporary urban issues. Our staff members are dedicated to working towards a common goal: creating the most dynamic and inspiring city museum in the world.
The Museum of the City of New York is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the museum provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without unlawful discrimination with respect to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender identification, marital status, military status or veteran, national origin, political association, political/personal convictions, predisposing genetic characteristics, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, geographic location, philosophies, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local laws, in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, demotion, transfer, lay-off, and termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. All employment-related decisions are based solely on relevant criteria including training, experience, and suitability.Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: manager, marketing, media, museum, non-profit, and social media. States: New York.
Please Share the Social Media Manager job: