Individual Giving Officer
Boston Symphony Orchestra→ Boston, Massachusetts, United States
About the Role
The Individual Giving Officer/Senior Individual Giving Officer will be responsible for the direct engagement and solicitation of Boston Symphony Orchestra donors and prospects with the capacity to make 5-7 figure gifts. The IGO will collaborate with individual giving team members and donor relations staff to develop donor-centric individual strategies and will help ensure that the orchestra’s annual, endowment, capital, and special project funding priorities are met. The IGO will also work closely with various staff to identify and qualify new prospects and will serve as a key relationship manager for those prospects as the BSO prepares for, and executes, various fundraising initiatives. This position can also be offered at the Senior Individual Giving Officer level, depending on the candidate’s level of experience.
- Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving, engage, solicit, and manage a portfolio of 120-150 individuals in various stages of the development cycle. Support or conduct face-to-face visits, solicitations, and other high-level interactions with major gift donors and prospects either independently or along with another colleague as individual strategies may require.
- In collaboration with the Director of Individual Giving, coordinate involvement of board members, volunteers, and BSO management and staff as appropriate with donor strategies.
- Meet specific personal goals for qualification, engagement, and solicitation of prospects as developed with the Director of Individual Giving.
- With colleagues, develop strategic plans and goals for each prospect. Provide visit and gift tracking data. Track all prospect outreach and information in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software in a timely fashion.
- Complete other projects as assigned by Director of Individual Giving. Travel as appropriate to meet with prospects and donors.
The successful candidate will have…
- Individual Giving Officer level: Minimum of 5-7 years development experience with a proven track record of closing five-six figure commitments or more;
- Senior Individual Giving Officer level: Minimum of 7-8 years development experience with a proven track record of closing six-seven figure commitments or more, working with leadership volunteers and securing multi-year and complex gifts;
- Portfolio management experience required, some planned giving experience preferred;
- Previous experience tracking relationship-building steps in CRM.
- Experience working with high-level decision makers, trustees, and other volunteers. Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent social, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
- Collaborative team player who interacts successfully with colleagues on organizational goals.
- Must exercise significant judgment and confidentiality in working with prospects, volunteers, and staff.
- Understanding of prospect management concepts. Ability to work within electronic environment for solicitation and gift tracking.
- Knowledge of planned giving concepts and principles.
- Interest and/or background in the arts preferred.
- Hybrid work schedule
- Availability to attend evening concerts, dinners, and other engagement events on weekday evenings and weekends.
- Ability and flexibility to meet with donors and prospects as needed to achieve goals.
- Travel within the Greater Boston area and to Western MA as necessary. Spending time at Tanglewood for parts of the summer season may be required.
Please apply with resume and cover letter via the link below:
About the BSO
Founded in 1881, the Boston Symphony Orchestra (BSO) is one of the premier orchestras in the world. The BSO is committed to bringing world class music and performances to the local and international communities. The key to our success has been our employees from the musicians onstage to those behind the scenes.
The BSO is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Boston Symphony Orchestra
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Job Categories: Other. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: development, fund-raising, giving, music, non-profit, and Orchestra. States: Massachusetts.