General Management Assistant
General Management Assistant – Work Light Productions
Work Light Productions is a company dedicated to creating and producing live entertainment. With offices in Summit, NJ and Charleston, SC, we have a dynamic team that produces national and international theatrical tours and develops new works.
Recent and upcoming tours include, Ain’t Too Proud, Jesus Christ Superstar, Rent, An Officer and a Gentleman, Mamma Mia! and others to be announced.
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of theater and a desire to work on the business side of this dynamic industry in an entry level position with room for growth.
Provide office management, administrative and clerical support for all company operations, as well as be assigned specific shows to assist the General Managers.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Answer office phone calls. Take messages or field/answer all routine and non-routine questions
- Schedule and organize complex activities such as meetings, travel, and company events.
- Organize and prioritize large volumes of information, including contact lists, calendars and the filing of contracts, and other vital documents
- Compile and create expense reports including coding of credit card bills and receipt management
- Maintain all office supplies and be the primary contact with outside vendors.
- Liaise with IT Support and be the primary contact for all office equipment that needs maintenance or repairs
- Responsible for office shipping and postage, ordering of supplies
- Work independently and in collaboration with office staff on special and ongoing projects
- Directly assist the Partners and General Managers as requested
- Handle confidential and non-routine information with discretion
- Occasional travel to Technical Rehearsal periods and performances
- Must have proficient knowledge of both Microsoft Word and Excel, with an ability to work on multi-tabbed Excel spreadsheets and understanding of basic formulas. There is a high degree of working in financial documents in this position and the applicant must be very comfortable with Excel.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication and a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Work requires willingness to attend occasional New York rehearsals, evening and weekend performances. Some travel will be required. New Jersey residency is recommended for this position
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, minimum of two years’ experience working in the professional theater/entertainment industry strongly preferred
- Fully Vaccinated against Covid-19
BIPOC candidates strongly encouraged to apply
SALARY: $50,000 plus comprehensive benefits
WHEN: Position to begin early August, 2022
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject heading “General Management Assistant Position” along with your name.
No phone calls please.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts administration, arts management, assistant manager, entertainment, and office. States: New Jersey.
Please Share the General Management Assistant job: