Eastern Shore Art Center→ Fairhope, Alabama, United States
The mission of the Eastern Shore Art Center is to connect people of all ages and abilities with the arts through education, exhibitions, and outreach activities. The Art Center features five galleries hosting multiple exhibitions throughout the year featuring works by local, regional and national artists. Classes and workshops in all artistic genres are offered in our four arts instruction studios. Community events hosted by the Art Center include a monthly First Friday Art Walk, a nationally awarded annual Outdoor Art Show, Summer art camp for kids, outreach programming, an annual Plein Air festival and more.
This Executive Director (ED) oversees strategic planning, financial management, funding development, operations and programming of the Art Center. The ED cultivates relationships with the arts community, financial supporters of ESAC and collaborative partners. A minimum 7 years of experience in facility financial management will be beneficial in this role, preferably in arts administration or a nonprofit management. The ideal candidate will combine proven business acumen, an understanding of nonprofit administration, and excellent customer relations skills required to carry out the Art Center goals and vision.
Specific duties include:
Fundraising, Development and Donor Relations:
- Establish new donation, grant and funding sources while strengthening existing relationships and long time patrons.
- Secure sponsorships for events.
- Share financial operations and organizational updates at monthly meetings.
- Research, advise and implement board-led strategies for financial investment and fiduciary oversight.
Grant Writing and Grants Administration:
- Identify opportunities for grants, write grants to funding organizations, and manage the facilitation of grants with assistance by ESAC staff.
- Create and execute the annual budget with oversight from the Board Treasurer.
- Implement financial administration of contract budgets and reporting, ensuring fiduciary compliance with donor, contract and grant restrictions.
- Works in tandem with community leaders to cultivate trust and build relationships.
- Serve as a speaking engagement representative for the community to support the Art Center.
- Build and maintain relationships with area artists and member artists to ensure programming aligns with artist needs.
- Oversee banking contracts, point-of-sale contracts, lease negotiations, and management contracts.
- Manage of facility contractors to include landscaping, roofing, HVAC, construction contracts, technical media providers, cleaning services, major purchases, and other resources and contractors.
- Hire staff, administer contracts and set salaries and conduct annual staff reviews.
- Maintain, update and communicate policies and procedures effectively with staff. Board of Directors, and others.
- Lead, manage and support staff in their duties.
- Required: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point), Quickbooks Online accounting software, Outlook
- Preferred: Keela or similar donor management platforms, Zoom, Dropbox, fundraising and event portals, Google Suite.
- Simple IRA with 2% employer contribution
- Paid time off, sick leave, vacation and holidays
- On-site training at onboarding with outgoing Executive Director
Eastern Shore Art Association Inc is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: From $60,000.00 per year
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Work Location: Fairhope, Alabama
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please submit a resume and 1-page cover letter by 11:59pm (CST) 3/31/23.
We anticipate conducting two stages of interviews; our ideal start date is 5/15/2023.
Eastern Shore Art Center
Fairhope, Alabama, United States
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, arts center, director, executive director, finance, human resources, management, and non-profit. States: Alabama.
Please Share the Executive Director job: