Full-Time Executive Director
Next Stage Arts Project (NSAP), seeks its next Executive Director (ED) as the organization celebrates 10 years stimulating cultural and economic engagement in Putney, Vermont and the surrounding region.
The founding ED of this year-round, presenting arts nonprofit is departing after six years at the helm, during which time NSAP evolved into a dynamic, rural arts organization that contributes to the national place-making dialogue and transformed an historic 1841 former church into an intimate, fully accessible, state-of-the-art theater with additional, flexible community space including a commercial grade community kitchen and fine art gallery.
Timing of the ED search coincides with the formulation of a new five-year strategic plan for the organization. The Board of Trustees wants a bold and creative leader who is invested in guiding NSAP into its next decade while creating and nurturing connections with all NSAP constituents, including donors, artists, and leaders of peer artistic/cultural organizations.
This is a full-time position and includes a healthcare stipend. Search will continue until a successful candidate is hired.
- A passion for NSAP’s mission and creative place-making
- Five years of non-profit arts management experience
- A demonstrated track record of success with institutional development and donor engagement
- Proven ability to curate across a diverse program palette
- Boots on the ground experience promoting events and mission-driven messaging
- ED serves as lead curator and driver of NSAP’s artistic vision and programming
- Build and lead NSAP’s institutional development and fundraising strategies
- Develop and oversee effective marketing and media relations campaigns
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the organization, including:
- Managing and directing the duties of supporting staff and vendors
- Artist booking and contracts
- Budgeting and financial planning and reporting
- Engagement with program partners and board committees
- Bottom line responsibility for meeting grant and development deadlines
- Effectively assess and execute event-level promotion throughout the year
- Be the primary public face of NSAP and engage with audiences accordingly
About Next Stage:
Next Stage formed in 2010 when a group of community members recognized the opportunity to stimulate cultural engagement and economic vitality through the adaptive re-use of a former church in the village center of Putney, Vermont. Next Stage has received national recognition, including major grants from the National Endowment for the Arts and ArtPlace America, and now engages a wide range of constituents through the presentation of over 100 events annually including world-class performing arts, music, theater, spoken word and film in addition to our extensive educational collaborations in the community. 2020 will mark the project’s 10th anniversary.
Articles about Next Stage:
“The Little Theater That Could” Vermont Magazine May/June 2019
“Placemaking Through the Performing Arts: A New England Example” Philanthropy Journal News July 2018
“The Creative Expression of Human Experience” The Commons, April 2016
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: curator, director, executive director, fund-raising, marketing, non-profit, and stage. States: Vermont.
Please Share the Executive Director job: