Full-Time Executive Director
El Sistema Oklahoma seeks an inspiring leader who understands the value of relationships in building and maintaining a self-sustaining organization. An ideal candidate is a strong strategic thinker with excellent non-profit management skills. The Executive Director must be flexible and adaptive, resourceful and values-driven. S/he fosters a rewarding, respectful, collaborative, relationship-driven, and results-oriented workplace. The successful candidate will have experience in the non-profit sector and a record of success partnering with the education community & community partnerships; knowledge of fundraising and non-profit financial management; proven ability to work collaboratively; and leadership skills.
Qualifications for this position would include a Bachelor’s degree or higher in one of the following areas: Education, Non-profit Leadership, Music, Social Work. At least three (3) years’ experience in Non-profit Leadership and/or Education is preferred. This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience and does include benefits.
El Sistema Oklahoma is seeking a candidate with the following:
• Understands, supports and effectively communicates the mission of the organization.
• Shows creativity and initiative in administrating programs.
• Serves as an effective spokesperson for the organization.
• Maintains strong relationships with students and their families in the program.
• Ensures that program meets or exceed goals as set by ESO partners.
• Maintains strong relationships with partnering schools, their principals and music teachers.
• Assists other management team members to coordinate curriculum and teacher development.
• Maintains strong relationships with program volunteers.
• Plans and executes yearly calendars, class schedules, concerts and events.
RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: In collaboration with the Board Chair and ESO Partners:
• Actively develops and executes fundraising plans that meet or exceed the fiscal needs of the organization.
• Prepares a budget and ensures organization operates within budget guidelines.
• Maintains positive relationships with foundation and corporate funders, as well as individual donors.
• Assures adequate control and accounting of all funds.
§Implements human resources policies in the area of hiring, training, supervision, motivation, and performance in a consistent and fair manner.
• Maintains a climate that attracts, retains and motivates a diverse faculty and staff of top quality employees and volunteers.
• Prepares for the anticipated growth of the organization and maintains an effective management team to meet future needs.
- Passionate about ESO’s mission to serve children and their families.
- Demonstrate Multi-cultural sensitivity and understanding.
- Adaptable, with willingness to accept change and to implement improved practices.
- Ability to make evaluative judgments, set priorities, and meet critical deadlines.
- Highly responsible and dependable with strong work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Embraces team environment and connects openly and effectively to team members.
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to utilize necessary software for the position.
To apply for this position, please submit a letter and resume to email@example.com.
(This is Matt Cordray with Oklahoma Center for Non-Profits, the organization assisting with our search.)
Please Share the Executive Director job: