NEXT Recruitment & Consulting→ Omaha, Nebraska, United States
OMAHA CONSERVATORY OF MUSIC (OCoM)
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The Executive Director (ED) leads the Omaha Conservatory of Music (OCoM), its staff and artist faculty in a manner that accomplishes and progresses OCoM’s mission: “Building musical community to enrich lives through education and performance!” In essence, the ED is the “Conductor” of the OCoM organization.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Omaha Conservatory of Music’s programming, fundraising, expansion, and execution of its mission. The ED will be the administrative head of the School. Areas of responsibility include planning and evaluation, policy development and administration, personnel and fiscal management. This is a full-time position, hired by and directly accountable to the board of directors through its elected board chair.
Leadership & Management
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize OCoM’s volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as for the national rollout.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain OCoM’s high-performance senior management team
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
- Work with senior leadership to recruit, retain, and lead quality faculty
- Establish evaluation processes for continued growth of faculty
- Promote faculty locally, regionally, and nationally
Fundraising & Communications
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
- Build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with the funders, and political and community leaders.
- Develop, recommend, and monitor annual and other budgets.
- Ensure effective audit trails.
- Approve expenditures.
- Provide for proper fiscal record-keeping and reporting.
- Submit monthly financial statements to the board of directors.
- Prepare and submit grant applications and funding proposals as appropriate.
- Develop a strategic plan for OCoM’s development with the Board of Directors and input from all directors
- Maintain the strategic plan for OCoM that includes annual programming that supports this plan, updating as needed
- Assist the board chair in planning the agenda and materials for board meetings.
- Initiate and assist in developing policy recommendations and in setting priorities.
- Facilitate the orientation of new board members.
- Work with the board to raise funds from the community.
- Staff board committees as appropriate.
The Executive Director will be thoroughly committed to OCoM’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Advanced degree, ideally an MBA, and at least 10 years of senior management experience; track record of effectively leading and regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
HOW TO APPLY
Send cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 professional references with “Executive Director” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to omahacm.org/ to learn more!
Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, life-insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, retirement plan, paid holidays and vacation leave, resources to support professional development, and a flexible work environment.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
The Executive Director is a full-time permanent position. OCoM’s office hours are generally from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Flexible scheduling is allowed. The employee should expect to lead or participate in programs and stakeholder meetings that occur before or after office hours, and on the weekends.
Limited, occasional travel related to relevant industry conferences or events needing OCoM leadership representation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
OCoM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate in its employment practices, volunteer opportunities, or the delivery of programs or services, based on race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or based on disability if the employee can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
NEXT Recruitment & Consulting
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
Job Categories: Education. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: director, executive director, management, marketing, and music. States: Nebraska.
Please Share the Executive Director job: