Full-Time Director of Production
The Director of Production reports directly to the President and Producing Director. The DOP is a leadership position and is responsible for the management of FringeArts’ Production Department. The DOP supervises all production staff and oversees stewardship, maintenance and utilization of FringeArts’ facility; including, theatre equipment and the safe, efficient and professional presentation of all performances and events within budgeted projections. Works collaboratively with FringeArts’ Programming and Patron Services staffs and artists to optimize the artistic and financial success of our programming and all scheduled events. The position emphasizes extensive collaboration interdepartmentally and with FringeArts’ onsite restaurant partner.
Manage department operations and personnel
• Set policies for safety and efficiency in the operation of our theater and offsite venues
• Recruit and hire all production-related staff including over hire, Festival and other seasonal staff
• Schedule staff and other personnel for all programming and events
• Maintain all building, show and event-related calendars
• Liaison to artist’s production team
• Review technical riders and create production schedules
• Oversee facility maintenance and repair
• Liaison to FringeArts’ IT provider
• Oversee and manage department budget
• Project production-related show costs for budget planning and artist contracts
• Work with Finance Department to comply with all production department HR requirements
• Work with Finance Department to track all expenses
• Work with Development Department to project production costs for grant proposals
• Work with Patron Services Director on all rental bookings; including client tours, tech needs and event on site presence as necessary
• Liaison to FringeArts’ restaurant partner for technical and repair matters
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in technical theatre or stage management plus at least 5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience; substantial management experience in technical production, events management, budgeting, forecasting, and personnel management, plus expertise, experience and familiarity with at least some of the following technical areas: power and lighting, audio, electronics, theatrical computer systems, rigging, theatre safety and building maintenance. Familiarity with ETC, ION, Yamaha CL1 and associated apps a plus. Multi-venue festival experience and knowledge of Philadelphia arts community also a plus.
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Outstanding problem-solving skills. Excellent attention to detail and organization and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines. Excellent customer service skills. The position also requires evening and weekend hours, plus an active supervisory presence at all major events.
This is a full-time exempt position. Annual salary range is commensurate with experience. Includes generous health and leave benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume to HR@fringearts.com
Include job title and applicant name in subject line.
EOE: FringeArts is an equal opportunity employer. FringeArts works to respond to and reflect the diversity of our city. We encourage and support applicants of color for this and all open positions.
Apply for this Job