Full-Time Director of Production
• Position: Director of Production
• Department: Production
• Status: Full-time Exempt
• Reports to: Vp of Operations
The Director of Production will oversee all aspects of the Production Department including:
Backstage operations, use and maintenance of production equipment and facilities; build and sustain a strong production team through recruiting, training, and evaluating all production department employees.
Work with VP of Operations in strategic planning and budgeting of capital projects involving production facilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead a strong, effective, and efficient Production team.
- Liaison between The Peace Center and contracted stagehand organization(s).
- Maintaining and reconciling departmental operating and capital budgets, as approved.
- Assists all Peace Center departments with production related needs to include use of performance space and equipment.
- Offer insight and expertise to inform better outcomes, as they relate to events and any production related planning.
- Advance and negotiate technical riders with touring companies to assure best possible execution.
- Procurement and maintenance of house production equipment.
- Maintaining technical packets for Concert Hall, Gunter Theatre and TD Stage for use by road and touring companies.
- Assist local/resident companies with production related needs at The Peace Center.
- Maintaining a safe working environment for all performance areas, following standard building, electrical and fire codes.
- Maintaining positive relationships and open lines of communications between production and all departments. Foster teamwork and collaboration across all departments.
- Stay current on industry standards and trends as they pertain to theatrical sound and lighting control systems.
- Maintain operating knowledge of house systems.
- Working knowledge of operating and capital budget preparation and control procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in live theater production.
- 5 Years supervisory experience related to production.
- College degree in related field preferred.
- Working knowledge of technical rider advance preparation.
- Ability to lead others with confidence and integrity.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Critical thinking and good judgement
- Work well under pressure.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and their resumé to:
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: director, human resources, performing arts, and recruitment. States: South Carolina.
Please Share the Director of Production job: