Director of Production
The Performing Arts Center at Purchase College→ Harrison, New York, United States
We are seeking a Director of Production who will commit and contribute to an equitable, healthy, and resourceful departmental culture for artistic creation, learning and working.
The Director of Production will oversee all production aspects for the The Performing Arts Center’s main performance venues: the 1372-seat Concert Hall, the 713-seat Pepsico Theatre, and the 468-capacity Recital Hall and black box, Repertory Theater.
The Key Responsibilities for the position:
• Supervision of technical preparation of all stage operations for The Performing Arts Center
• Oversee and maintain stages and related production areas.
• Ensure that all stage operations comply with pertinent safety and security procedures.
• Participate in The Performing Arts Center’s budgeting process by providing necessary production budgetary information and proposals to the General Manager and organizational staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree and/or demonstrated professional experience in technical theatre, performing arts, event management.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in live theater production or clear progressive experience in a production manager, operations director, or similar role in a performing- arts, theatrical, or producing venue.
• 5 years supervisory experience related to production required.
• Working knowledge of technical rider advance preparation. Ability to read and interpret professional technical riders, drawings, plots, and related documents.
• Demonstrated experience overseeing production and/or departmental budget.
• Knowledge of the functions of technical equipment; lighting, audio, rigging, stagecraft, as well as maintenance and repair of same equipment.
• Well-versed in safety precautions and procedures for theatre spaces. Understanding industry safety OSHA standards as they apply to performance facilities.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends on a regular basis.
• Must be able to withstand long hours of concentrated physical activity.
• Must be able to work in catwalks, on grids and on ladders.
Factors Contributing to success:
• Experience teaching, working, and/or supervising college-age students of diverse backgrounds preferred.
• Event and/or departmental planning skills in complex environment.
• Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Commitment to diversity and equity to actively support an inclusive work environment.
• Excellent problem-solving skills in a fast paced, frequently changing work environment.
• Excellent written and oral communication, and ability to lead with collaboration.
You must attach the following documents to your online application: Resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references.
This is a professional staff position and includes a comprehensive benefits package offering medical, dental and vision coverage. For detailed information about retirement, vacation and tuition assistance benefits please follow this link ; www.suny.edu/benefits/benefit-summaries/
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Purchase College is an AA/EEO employer.
The salary is $90,000.00 + $3,026.00 Location Pay
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS APRIL 26, 2023.
Apply here: jobs.purchase.edu/postings/961
The Performing Arts Center at Purchase College is a four-theatre complex nested on the campus of Purchase College, and a major professional, non-profit arts presenter serving the Westchester- Fairfield- Rockland County region.
For more than 40 years, The PAC has been the hub of a creative community that brings together internationally acclaimed artists and rising stars, creative practitioners, student artists and K-12 programming.
The Center hosts multiple student, rental and touring events alongside a presenting season each year and supports campus related events for a highly creative college community.
The Performing Arts Center at Purchase College
Harrison, New York, United States
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: director, live theatre, non-profit, operations, performing arts, and production. States: New York.
Please Share the Director of Production job: