Full-Time Director of Development
The Director of Development must conceptualize, strategize, implement, monitor and participate in the organization’s program to generate contributed income through an annual campaign for operating support and a capital campaign for an endowment and other capital needs.
Annual Campaign Management
● Conceptualize, set goals, strategize and implement plans, monitor progress, and supervise staff for the Annual Campaign.
● Conceptualize a solicitation program for individuals, corporations, private foundations and government agencies and supervise staff assigned to these areas.
● Utilize Trustees and other volunteers in face-to-face solicitation, direct mail and telefundraising in achieving goals.
● Personally solicit or accompany volunteers to solicit prospects for contributions.
● Write fundraising letters, proposals, acknowledgements and follow-up reports to prospects and donors.
Special Appeals – Capital and Endowment Campaigns
● Conceptualize, set goals, strategize and implement plan, monitor progress, and supervise staff in coordination with strategies with Executive Director and Trustees for special appeals, including capital and endowment campaigns.
● Develop and evaluate prospect lists and organize, train and motivate volunteers for solicitation.
● Accompany Executive Director and Trustees on in-person solicitation calls.
● Write all campaign materials, proposals, acknowledgements and follow-up reports.
● Monitor progress of special appeals and campaign.
● Develop budget projections and strategy modifications to accomplish goals.
● Work with other departments, including PBT School, Marketing, and Education and Community Engagement to conceive and implement systematic instructional recognition(s) for endowed annual gifts, such as scholarship awards.
● Develop long-range financial projections that together with earned revenue maintain the organization’s’ fiscal integrity and develop strategies to accomplish projections.
Board of Trustees
● Research and identify prospective Trustees, develop strategies to cultivate new Trustees and participate in the interview process.
Staff Development and Institutional Leadership
● Manage and coach development staff in all areas of fundraising.
● Monitor progress and suggest modifications to strategies.
● Provide feedback on performance.
● Participate as a member of PBT’s leadership team in institutional advancement planning, strategy and execution.
● Master’s degree with 5 to 10 years development experience
● Previous supervisory experience required
● Proven track record of development success including planned giving
● Must be able to provide exceptional customer service to a variety people and to possess the requisite skills and experience in all facets of gift solicitation
● Some weekend and evening work required
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Strong budgeting and organizational skills
● Ability to manage multiple priorities
● Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
● Management experience required
Competitive compensation and benefit package.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Shelly Swartz at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Please Share the Director of Development job: