Liesl Eppes Resume
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Liesl Eppes an independent filmmaker and theatre artist.
She received her Bachelors of Arts in Theatre Arts and Spanish from Drew University in May of 2021. While completing her undergraduate degree she focused her studies on directing, playwriting, and the study of Spanish Film.
With an insatiable curiosity and drive to explore Liesl is an avid reader, traveler and explorer of life. She believes in the power of the artistic community and the importance of diverse storytelling in inspiring societal change.
I received my undergraduate degree in Theatre Arts with a concentration on Directing and Playwriting and Spanish with a concentration on Spanish Film studies. I graduated Summa Cum Laude with honors in Theatre (Alpha Psi Omega) and Spanish (Sigma Delta Pi).
Stages on the Sound | NY, NY
Program Coordinator for School Residencies January 2021–Present
- Act as liaison between resident teaching artists and school principals by facilitating communication about all the day to day operations of the residency.
- Assist the director of education in organizing and running all teacher training sessions.
- Create, update and maintain the residency calendar, school schedule, performance schedules, invoice schedule and curriculum materials.
- Collect and distribute contact information of all employees and school contacts.
Production Manager October-December 2021
- Reviewed film to ensure conformance to production standards.
- Coordinated the activities of performers, company members and crew throughout the production process ensuring deadlines were met.
- Conducted meetings with the production team to discuss progress and to ensure production objectives were attained.
- Worked collaboratively to upload, prepare and monitor daily episodes and address any subscriber requests.
- Created and managed the distribution of marketing emails, social media posts and other publicity.
Video Editor December 2021
- Collaborated with fellow editors to organize post production workflow
- Cut and edited film to integrate music, sound effects and green screen effects into desired sequences using Final Cut Pro.
- Selected the most effective shots of each scene to form a logical and smoothly running story.
- Conferred with the Artistic Director concerning editing approaches needed to clarify story elements.
- Collaborated with Teaching Artists to select appropriate music, folly effects and visual effects to execute the intention of student projects to enhance the story.
New York Women in Film and Television | NY, NY
Intern June-September 2021
- Researched company topics using the internet and news sources.
- Performed administrative duties, such as preparing operational reports, distributing job postings via the company website and updating the membership email list.
Drew University Theatre Department | Madison, NJ
Assistant director of Monstress May 2019-May 2020
- Reviewed recordings of rehearsals and performances daily to monitor progress and to plan for future filming.
- Planned details with the director such as framing, composition, camera movement, sound, and actor movement for each shot and scene.
- Communicated to actors the approach, characterization, and movement needed for each scene in such a way that rehearsals and takes are minimized
- Coordinated the activities of writers, devisors, designers, actors and other personnel throughout the production process.
- Studied and researched scripts and topics relevant to the script using the internet and other informational sources to determine how the story should be directed.
- Supervised and implemented the work of camera, design, lighting, and sound crew members on set in their absence due to social distancing.
- Conferred with technical directors, managers, designers, and writers to discuss details of production, such as photography, script, soundscape, sets, and costumes.
- Consulted with writers, producers, and fellow divisors about script changes to “workshop” scripts, through moment work to create final drafts.
- Chose locations for filming and determined how scenes would be shot in these while adhering to Covid precautions.
NJ Playlab | Madison, NJ
Play Gym Dramaturgical Intern September-October 2020
- Consulted with playwrights about script changes through table reads with actors and writers in order to workshop scripts.
- Coordinated the activities of playwrights and actors, throughout the workshop process.
- Hired cast members for writers workshops.
Storytellers Studio Playwright January-October 2021
- Consulted with playwrights and dramaturges in order to workshop scripts and presentations through table reads and constructive criticism to create final drafts.
- Developed factors such as plots, psychological analyses, themes, action, plots, characterizations, and dialogue to create material.
- Revised written material to meet personal and professional standards.
Drew University Kean Box Office | Madison, NJ
House Manager September 2017–May 2021
- Supervised ushers during performances.
- facilitated the operations of the front of house staff.
Box Office Staff September 2017–May 201
- Assisted patrons in purchasing tickets.
- Tracked reservations.
- Formatted and compiled programs.
Storytree Children’s Theatre | Charleston, SC
Assistant Director and Teaching Artist June–August 2019
- Directed theatre games for children ages 6 – 13.
- Supervised students in costume and set design and in aspects of playwriting such as plot and character development.
- Coordinated backstage logistics during rehearsals and performances.
Spoleto Festival U.S.A. | Charleston, SC
Box Office Apprentice May 2019
- Assisted customers in purchasing, exchanging and refunding tickets both in person and through call center.
- Managed Box Office and Will Call during performances.
- Coordinated front desk reception.
- Snapshot (Drew University 2020)
- Appearances (Drew University 2019)
- The Day She Made Stars (Drew University 2018)
Theatrical Assistant Directing
- Monstress (Directed by Jolie Tong; Drew University and The Tectonic Theatre Project 2021)
- The Waiting Room (Directed by Jamie Richards; Drew University 2019)
- The Crushing (2020)
- Monstress (Video Editor; Drew University 2021)
- Water by the Spoonful (Stage Manager; Drew University 2018)
- Mud (Assistant Stage Manager; Drew University 2018)
- I Too Am Resilient (Light Board Operator; Drew University 2017)
- Heathers (Run Crew; Drew University; 2017)
- Shear Madness (Stage Manager; Charleston Stage 2016)
- The Producers (Assistant Stage Manager; Charleston Stage 2015)
- Video Editing
- Devised Theatre (Moment Work Method)
- Coordinating and Scheduling
- Dramaturgical Support
- Script development
- Assistant Directing, Directing, Production Management, Stage Management
- Native English Speaker, Spanish
Liesl Eppes Resume Resume