Full-Time Assistant to the Chief Curator
Assistant to the Chief Curator – Painting and Sculpture
• Manages and assesses daily needs and priorities of chief curator, including complex calendar management.
• Facilitates chief curator’s email and written correspondence, especially that which relates to the collection, acquisitions, exhibitions, and the Museum’s expansion.
• Answers chief’s telephone and drafts answers for routine correspondence and inquiries.
• Performs general administrative duties, including organization and maintenance of all chief curator files.
• Serves as first point of contact and liaison with a high level of confidentiality for all of the chief curator’s contacts, including trustees, artists, scholars, dealers, and art world professionals.
• Makes all travel and logistical arrangements for chief curator. Prepares and processes expense reports in accordance with MoMA policies.
• Maintains general organization of chief curator’s office.
• Coordinates and completes projects and administrative assignments as directed by chief curator.
• Reports to The Marie-Josée and Henry Kravis Chief Curator of Painting and Sculpture and to the department manager.
• Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, and five or more years experience in administrative and/or development positions or equivalent. • Superior judgment and professional initiative.
• Strong verbal and written communication capabilities.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be flexible and able to work with museum professionals and VIPs alike.
• Excellent PC and Mac skills, including Google Calendar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Pages.
• Experience with The Museum System and Salesforce are desirable but not essential.
• Art history and research background is desirable but not essential.
HOW TO APPLY
MoMA Jobs application guidelines
If you would like to submit your resume and cover letter for consideration, please choose one of the following options:
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By fax: (212) 333-1107
By mail: The Museum of Modern Art
The Department of Human Resources
11 West 53 Street
New York, NY 10019
Please be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at The Museum of Modern Art.
Please Share the Assistant to the Chief Curator job: