Full-Time Job Executive Director
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
New England Center for Circus Arts (NECCA) in Brattleboro, Vermont, which offers the largest and longest running professional circus training program in the United States (housed since the summer of 2017 in a unique custom-built trapezium) seeks a dynamic and inspiring executive director.
The executive director is responsible for the consistent achievement of the vision, mission, financial objectives, fund development and strategic plan of NECCA. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, business operations and programs of the organization. Key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports to the NECCA Board of Directors with direct reporting to the President of the Board of Directors. The position is full-time. Hours include days, evenings and weekends, as driven by event planning and program execution.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Board Governance – Collaborates with the Board of Directors to fulfill NECCA’s vision, mission and to develop and implement a strategic plan.
• Financial performance and viability – Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
• Fundraising/Donor recognition – Oversees fundraising planning and implementation and donor cultivation and recognition.
• Organization Mission and Strategy – Ensures the mission is fulfilled through strategic planning, programs, marketing and community outreach.
• Organization Operations – Leads and manages the day-to-day business operations and ensures that the operations of the organization are efficient and effective.
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in one of the following areas: Accounting, Business Management, Communications, Finance, Law, Marketing or Public Relations, Theater, or Dance.
• Three or more years of non-profit management experience, preferably in business operations, donor cultivation, and fundraising.
• Proficient financial management skills, including budget preparation and adherence, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
• Strong organizational and business management skills including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
• Ability to develop and implement fundraising strategies.
• Ability to effectively convey NECCA’s vision, mission and strategic goals and objectives to staff, volunteers, members, media and donors.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including public speaking and proficient skills in leveraging social media and mobile devices
• Ability to lead technology initiatives, collaborating with technicians to improve NECCA’s technology infrastructure supporting business operations
• Ability to lead, motivate, manage and collaborate with diverse staff and volunteers, respectful of differences and culturally astute.
• Ability to develop SMART goals and objectives (Specific, Measurable, Action-oriented, Results-oriented and Time-bound).
• Continuing learner, researches information and data on the circus education industry’s operations, trends, competitor’s best practices and emerging opportunities.
• Demonstrates collaborative, transparent, high integrity, innovative, results-oriented and personally accountable leadership.
A non-profit organization founded in 2007, the New England Center for Circus Arts in Brattleboro, Vermont offers the largest and longest running professional circus training program in the United States, housed since the summer of 2017 in a unique custom-built trapezium.
NECCA trains students of all ages and abilities in aerials, acrobatics, juggling and more and offers a full-time, three-year program training adults for a professional circus career.
NECCA’s coaches come from a wide variety of backgrounds including social circus, dance, creative movement, and a wide variety of professional circuses. All students share the spaces at the school — rather than separating students in various programs, they are encouraged to learn in an open, collaborative, supportive area where all have equal access.
HOW TO APPLY
Provide a letter of interest and resume specifying experience and unique qualifications relevant to this senior management opportunity. Salary requirements are welcomed.
Inquiries or submission of interest may be directed to the attention of Board President, Elizabeth R. Wohl by email (only) to: Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open until filled.
|• Job Title:||Executive Director|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||New England Center for Circus Arts|
|• Location:||Brattleboro, Vermont, United States|