Visiting Assistant Professor of Sculpture
Visiting Assistant Professor of Sculpture\3-D & Art Program Technician
Visiting Assistant Professor, 1.0 FTE, 12-month appointment, starting August 16, 2021.
The School of Visual Studies (SVS) at the University of Missouri seeks a one-year Visiting Assistant Professor of Sculpture\3-D & Art Program Technician for the 2021-2022 academic year. The position consists of a 2/2 load teaching undergraduate sculpture and/or 3-D Foundations along with 0.5 FTE Art Program Technician.
Compensation for position is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The position receives full benefits.
50% Teaching (4 courses per academic year) and 50% Service (Art Program Technician)
The successful candidate will be a well-rounded artist\educator demonstrating skills in sculpture and three-dimensional media, teach undergraduate coursework in those areas, and have the ability to help mentor MFA Graduate Teaching Assistants teaching in 3D. The ideal candidate is an artist with expertise in both contemporary and traditional sculpture who is interested in teaching across disciplines in the program and beyond.
In the capacity as the Art Program Technician, the successful candidate will manage the Art Program’s woodshop and work with art faculty to maintain and repair existing equipment. In addition, the successful candidate will assist faculty and staff with projects, facilities changes and repairs, interfacing with University services, and other duties as needed. The Art Program Technician will also supervise the wood shop monitor position and coordinate and oversee safety training in all classes using the shared woodshop\3-D\sculpture classroom space.
1. MFA or equivalent terminal degree and documented previous teaching experience is required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED ON:
1. in-depth experience in operation of all woodshop equipment and an understanding of proper shop safety practices.
2. Teaching experience beyond Graduate Teaching Assistant.
3. Ability to teach introductory level sculpture courses.
4. Ability to teach 3-D foundations course.
5. Experience with a variety of teaching strategies.
6. Demonstrated ability to work well with other faculty and students on collaborative projects.
7. Demonstrated evidence of engaging, educating, and mentoring a diverse group of learners.
8. Ability to teach 3D printing.
9. Interest in learning new technologies and applying them to the classroom
Please apply online at: hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/academic (Position number: 36988)
Use the online application and be prepared to upload the following:
1. Letter of application that clearly addresses key qualifications
2. Current, comprehensive CV
3. Teaching Philosophy Statement
4. Artist Statement
5. Diversity statement that describes your experiences, commitment, and goals in regard to incorporating an understanding of diversity/multiculturalism in teaching and mentoring.
6. 15-20 labeled images of personal creative work w/ image inventory sheet as a single PDF (maximum 5MB)
7. 15-20 labeled images of student work w/image inventory sheet as a single PDF (maximum 5MB)
8. The names, email addresses, and phone numbers of three (3) professional references who can confirm the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Review of applications will begin on Friday July 9 and will continue until the position is filled.
Early applications will be given preference.
Interviews will be conducted via Zoom.
Applicants may contact the Chair of the Search Committee, Joseph Pintz (email@example.com) with any questions regarding the job duties and Human Resource Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions regarding the application process.
An equal opportunity/access/affirmative action/pro-disabled and veteran employer
Job Categories: Education. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts education, assistant professor, school, sculpture, teaching, and technical. States: Missouri.
Please Share the Visiting Assistant Professor of Sculpture job: