Full-Time Ticket Services Supervisor
The AT&T Performing Arts Center’s Ticket Services Supervisor will supervise the inbound ticket services center, ticket sales, and customer service functions for Center, resident companies’ and Ticket DFW clients, including agent assistance, training, supervision, department reporting, customer service/escalation follow-up, box office management, merchandise management and onsite sales. She/he will play a key role in providing superior customer service and sales support to patrons, resident companies, clients, tour/merchandise managers and front of house team. Shifts and days worked per week will vary in length, but seven day availability, including evenings, weekends and holidays is required. The schedule is dependent upon our performance calendar and business needs.
Position Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Work and supervise in the ticket services center and box office venues (both on campus and off campus around Dallas), and/or ticket outlet when scheduled; including occasional scheduled/unscheduled overtime to meet our business needs.
- Handle box office and customer service issues and escalations on behalf of the Center, resident companies or Ticket DFW clients
- Regularly take inbound call center phone calls/chats and place outbound customer service calls when necessary
- Partner with Ticket Service Managers(s) and the Shared Data Services Team to ensure accuracy of event set up, including promotions and pricing, to ensure a smooth box office experience for patrons and staff
- Develop and nurture positive, pragmatic working relationships with resident companies, tour managers, and merchandise vendors
- Lead, sell and reconcile merchandise sales; process cash and credit card transactions
- Lead agent development and training efforts; participate in Team meetings as required
- Audit and review quality of agent interactions, order taking and customer service
- Provide Center staff, resident companies, presenters and tour managers with sales updates and reports; Ability to troubleshoot ticketing transactions and resolve discrepancies
- Monitor seat inventory and assist with seat map maintenance and complimentary ticket offers as necessary
- Support of Ticket Services or Center projects as needed and assigned (e.g., subscription fulfillment, onsite subscription renewals/sales, etc.)
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree preferred
- Two+ years box office, customer service or ticketing systems management
- Superior customer service and sales skills
- Supervisory experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work 40 hours per week in our seven day operational environment that supports our business needs
- Excellent track record of attendance and timeliness
- Proven ability to develop and maintain a positive work environment that delivers exceptional customer service and achieves service goals
- Proficient in ticketing software (Tessitura preferred)
- Strong mathematical acumen and attention to detail
- Ability to quickly assess, identify and resolve issues with resident companies, presenters, company management and internal constituencies
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead a team with varied personalities in a box office/call center environment
AT&T Performing Arts Center is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the belief that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity.
For immediate consideration, send cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
ABOUT THE AT&T PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
The AT&T Performing Arts Center is a nonprofit foundation that operates and programs a 10-acre campus comprised of three premier performance venues and a park in downtown Dallas. Audiences enjoy the best and most recent from Broadway and off-Broadway; the finest dance companies from across the globe co-presented with TITAS/Dance Unbound; and top concerts, performers and cutting-edge speakers. Thousands of students explore and more deeply experience the arts through the Center’s education program, Open Stages. The Center also offers free programming for audiences from every part of the community.
The Center’s mission is to provide a public gathering place that strengthens community and fosters creativity through the presentation of performing arts and arts education programs.
The Center’s culture is to focus on the values that guide its people’s actions. The Center’s Core Values are to passionately pursue our mission by being:
- Achievement Focused – Committed to the advancement and cultivation of the Performing Arts in Dallas
- Community Minded – Actively fostering and participating in meaningful community interactions
- Customer Service Driven – Dedicated to the service of internal and external constituents so that all want to return
- Flexible – Willing to change to achieve results
The Center’s five resident companies are among the city’s leading arts institutions: Anita N. Martinez Ballet Folklorico, Dallas Black Dance Theatre, The Dallas Opera, Dallas Theater Center and Texas Ballet Theater.
Designed by internationally acclaimed architects, the Center’s campus includes the Margot and Bill Winspear Opera House, Dee and Charles Wyly Theatre, Annette Strauss Square, and Elaine D. and Charles A. Sammons Park are some of the finest performance venues in the world.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts center, box office, management, non-profit, and performing arts. States: Texas.
Please Share the Ticket Services Supervisor job: