Full-Time Theatre Technical Supervisor
Under the supervision of the Production Manager/Technical Director, the Theatre Technical Supervisor collaborates in the strategic planning, facilitating and implementing the production needs of the College of Performing Arts. Carries out the coordination and supervises theatre staff and student crews.
Ensure schedules and supervise scenic builds, load-ins, and strikes. Attends production meetings.
Work with the Production Manager with budgets and purchasing. Other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree in theatre production or technology, or related field or equivalent professional experience.
● Three years’ experience in a relevant position, with some supervisory experience.
● Hands-on experience in stage or theatre production, preferably in a higher education environment, and in using industry best practices in sceneries, lighting, sound and backstage operations.
● Extensive knowledge of current performing arts industry standards, principles, techniques, and equipment.
● This position requires some evening and weekend work hours, as well as on-call rotation duties.
Interested Candidates must apply through Chapman University Website:
Chapman University is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community.
The University is dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The University is committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Please Share the Theatre Technical Supervisor job: