Theatre Arts Assistant Professor→ Folsom, California, United States
• Folsom Lake College
• Theatre Arts Assistant Professor
• Job Posting Number: F01533P
• Salary: $50,760 to $95,796 per year. Additional earnings may be available for summer, overload, and stipends. LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information Initial annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon units/degrees completed at accredited institutions and experience. Candidates not holding the minimum degree requirement may start at a salary lower than posted above.
Closing Date: 03/10/2024
Complete job description and application available online at: jobs.losrios.edu/postings/24714
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty member.
The Theatre Arts program provides a broad foundation in various aspects of theatre including history, diversity, and production. Students have the opportunity to learn the basics of acting, theatre design and technology, and an overview of the historical and social context of theatre. Additionally, this program exposes students to core principles and practices in the field.
Position Salary Information:
Initial maximum salary placement is based on academic degree, upper/graduate level units earned, and/or related professional occupational experience per the Los Rios College Federation of Teachers Contract (the initial maximum placement is Class V, Step 8). For more information on the step placement process, please click here.
As a Los Rios employee, you have access to a comprehensive, competitive benefits package that offers you the flexibility and security to thrive both inside and outside of work. Check out the benefits guide for complete information.
Faculty will foster an anti-racist, inclusive, respectful, and active community of learners that critically analyzes and challenges systems of oppression through engaging in emancipatory pedagogies that connect the classroom, our college community, and society.
The primary teaching assignment will be as a generalist in Theatre Arts and Film with a focus on at least one of the following areas: film studies, acting for the camera, stagecraft, stage lighting, screenwriting and/or playwriting, stage acting, or stage directing. The department is focused on creating generalist opportunities in Theatre Arts, Theatre Arts: Film, and Theatre Arts: Production. Teaching assignment may include day, evening, weekend, and/or off-campus classes.
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following:
• Providing effective classroom instruction using methods and materials appropriate to the subject matter. Teaching assignments may include online, in-person, day, evening, and weekend classes, both on and off-campus, and may be divided among Folsom Lake College and its El Dorado and Rancho Cordova Centers.
• Advising, assisting, and evaluating students, evaluating learning outcomes, and maintaining regular office hours.
• Participating in program activities, including curriculum and program planning and development, faculty evaluations, department decision-making, and development of new teaching-learning methods and materials.
• Contributing to the development of program policies and procedures.
• Participation in departmental and college professional activities and committees.
• Maintaining accurate and timely student records as required.
• Maintaining expertise in the assigned area of responsibility.
• Maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
The instructional teaching assignment may include, but are not limited to, teaching courses in all levels of Theatre Arts Film, and Production at the college including:
• TA 300 Introduction to the Theatre
• TA 302 History and Theory of the Theatre I
• TA 303 History and Theory of the Theatre II
• TA 304 Women in Theatre
• TA 340 Beginning Acting
• TA 350 Theory and Techniques of Acting I
• TA 351 Theory and Techniques of Acting II
• TA 356 Acting for the Camera I
• TA 395 Playwriting
• TA 420 Stagecraft
• TA 422 Stage Lighting
• TA 423 Introduction to Scene Design for the Stage
• TA 424 Advanced Technical Theatre
• TA 426 Stagehand Practices
• TA 427 Stagehand Pre-Apprenticeship
• TA 430 Costume Construction
• TAFILM 300 Film Studies
• TAFILM 360 Screenwriting
• TAFILM 332/333/334 Film Production
Have a master’s degree or Master of Fine Arts in drama/theater arts/ performance; OR Bachelor’s or Bachelor of Fine Arts in drama/theater arts/performance and Master’s in comparative literature, English, communication studies, speech, literature or humanities; OR the equivalent.* All degrees must be from an accredited institution completed by August 22, 2024.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
If your degree title differs from the minimum qualifications listed above, you are requested to apply under the “equivalent” provision.
Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation and/or professional experience is the equivalent of the degrees/minimum qualifications listed above. Please visit our website for a sample letter and information on the equivalency determination process.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: assistant professor, education, film, teaching, and theatre. States: California.