Full-Time Theater Technical Manager
The Theater Technical Manager provides technical support for a wide range of events including dance, theater, and music touring groups, lectures, ceremonies, conferences, etc., in the College’s Chesapeake Theater, Amoss Center, APGFCU Arena, and other campus venues.
This position requires crew leadership and hands-on work.
Duties include, but are not limited to, set construction; event set-up/load-out; rigging, lighting, and sound production; set-up/tear-down of video wall; and video recording.
The Theater Technical Manager assists with recruitment and oversight of technical crew and overhires; trains and leads paid and volunteer technical staff; maintains equipment and keeps inventories; provides instruction and technical assistance for student productions; and performs other duties as assigned.
This is an exempt, professional staff position.
A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of experience are required.
Applicants will be evaluated on the criteria including, but not limited to:
- Comprehensive knowledge in at least these four areas: Lighting, Audio, Carpentry and Arena/Theater Rigging;
- Experience in providing excellent technical production support by leading crew from planning through execution of events;
- Experience performing hands-on work while managing, scheduling, and leading technical crews per event;
- Experience in instructing/training technical crew and others; and enforcing and ensuring compliance with industry standards for safety codes, regulations, and processes/procedures;
- Demonstrated experience in creating, reading, and adjusting set drawings; constructing theater sets and props; setting up and tearing down lighting, audio, projection and LED video wall, arena and theater rigging; operating computer equipment; recording, editing and playing back video;
- Experience in identifying equipment/supply purchases and rentals as needed;
- Experience communicating with vendors/touring companies; and receiving and delivering equipment and materials;
- Experience in maintaining equipment and facilities by cleaning, troubleshooting, repairing, and completing preventative maintenance for equipment; cleaning and organizing theater/arena areas; maintaining inventory/equipment lists; and developing and implementing storage improvements;
- Demonstrated commitment to pursuing professional development and learning new, advanced technical theater skills;
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to interface professionally with internal and external users of theater, arena, and other HCC venues;
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite products; ability to learn QLab, and other theater relevant software.
Strong communication skills, including the ability to interface professionally with internal and external users of theater, arena, and other HCC venues.
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
For best consideration apply online at www.harford.edu/careers by October 23, 2018.
Please Share the Theater Technical Manager job: