Theater Technical Manager
Harford Community College→ Bel Air, Maryland, United States
The Theater Technical Manager provides technical support, both crew leadership and hands-on work, for a wide range of events including, but not limited to, dance, theater, and concerts, lectures, ceremonies, conferences, etc., in the College’s Chesapeake Theater, Amoss Center, APGFCU Arena, and other campus venues.
Duties include, but are not limited to, set construction; event set-up/load-out; rigging, lighting, and audio production; set-up/tear-down of video wall; and video recording. The Theater Technical Manager assists with recruitment and oversight of technical crew and overhires; trains and leads technical staff; maintains equipment and keeps inventories; provides instruction and technical assistance for student productions; and performs other duties as assigned.
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrable skills in Audio, Lighting, Carpentry and Arena/Theater Rigging.
- Experience in providing excellent technical production support by leading crew from planning through execution of events.
- Experience performing hands-on work while managing, scheduling, and leading technical crews per event.
- Experience in instructing/training technical crew and others; and enforcing and ensuring compliance with industry standards for safety codes, regulations, and processes/procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in creating, reading, and adjusting set drawings; constructing theater sets and props; setting up, operating, and tearing down lighting, audio, projection and LED video wall, arena and theater rigging; operating computer equipment; and recording, editing, streaming and playing back video.
- Experience in identifying equipment/supply purchases and rentals as needed.
- Experience communicating with vendors/touring companies; and receiving and delivering equipment and materials.
- Experience in maintaining equipment and facilities by cleaning, troubleshooting, repairing, and completing preventative maintenance for equipment; cleaning and organizing theater/arena areas; maintaining inventory/equipment lists; and developing and implementing storage improvements.
- Associate’s degree from a college or equivalent certification from a technical, business or vocational school, with a minimum of 5 years of experience; or, high school diploma with a minimum of 7 years of experience
Please Apply by April 11th
This is an exempt, professional staff position and includes a comprehensive benefits package offering medical, dental and vision coverage; generous paid time off; tuition assistance; and retirement savings.
Employees of Harford Community College, including instructors for online and virtual courses, must be residents of Maryland or the contiguous states of Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia or the District of Columbia; non-residents are expected to relocate to meet this requirement.
Harford Community College
Bel Air, Maryland, United States
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: audio, education, lighting, manager, performing arts, technical, technical theatre, and video. States: Maryland.