Technical Director / Carpenter
- Maintain a good working relationship with all directors and staff
- Design and construct all sets with the show director
- Design and implement lighting and sound design for all shows unless a volunteer designer is appointed
- Provide assistance and guidance to volunteer designers
- Provide board, executive director, and show director a timeline for set completion. All sets must be completed, painted, and floor ready by tech Sunday of all productions
- Order, inventory, maintain necessary supplies and equipment
- Ensure that the scene shop is neat and safe at all times
- Oversee the technical support staff
- Coordinate with the set decoration and props crew lead
- Instruct the stage manager and crew to assure the smooth running of a show
- Perform safety checks on equipment
- Coordinate load-in/load-out
- Inspect the building and grounds to ensure proper maintenance
- Provide simple maintenance such as replacing light bulbs, etc.
- Act as the primary contact for all building and grounds maintenance crews.
- Knowledge of and experience with power tools
- Knowledge of carpentry and experience is a must
- Ability to climb a ladder on a consistent basis and work at significant heights
- Experience with painting techniques
- Ability to lift 50-75lbs, when needed
- Knowledge of technical theatre production
- Knowledge of audio and lighting technology
- Flexible schedule; some nights and weekends required.
- $35,000.00 per year
- 2 Weeks PTO + sick days
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: Carpenter, carpentry, scenic, set, technical, and technical director. States: South Carolina.
Please Share the Technical Director / Carpenter job: