The Technical Director is primarily responsible for supervision and implementation of all production elements (lighting, sound, show advance, load-in, load-out, crew staffing, etc.) of all facility productions.
The Technical Director ensures safe-working practices, provides minimal production management for the use of the theatre spaces by outside groups and facilitates repair and maintenance of the theatre resources and equipment.
Key to this is a strong work ethic centered on excellent organizational skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive, collaborative relationships and communications with all artistic parties (designers, actors, crew, etc.), as well as administrative staff and volunteers.
THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION.
- Determines the necessary technical supports, such as lighting, sound, staging, and special needs, necessary for events and performances in advance of production dates
- Coordinates and books all local labor required by show specific rider requirements.
- Advances all technical production elements with shows
- Advises General Manager on the technical specifications, costs and usage of technical equipment required for the individual show
- Supervises, and assists with set and stage construction and management
- Reads and interpret blueprints, drawings and plots, supplementing design work as needed
- Designs, sets up, maintains and operates sound, lighting, stage and other technical equipment and systems
- Ensures smooth operation of the technical aspects of all productions
- Oversees board operation during performances
- Assists with the preparation of and manage technical operation budgets; maintain inventory and order specialized supplies
- Purchases, leases and/or borrows equipment as needed, within specified budgetary limits
- Makes recommendations to the General Manager regarding capital purchases of technical equipment
- Ensures that invoices for payment and/or receipts for disbursement, with respect to authorized expenditures, are promptly submitted being proficient and efficient with all expenditures made within the budget
- Monitors the condition of equipment including lighting, sound, and rigging equipment; arranges for the repair and replacement within budgetary constraints; performs preventive maintenance on equipment
- Maintains current knowledge of all equipment and supervises training on all equipment
- Helps recruit, manage and retain stagehands and volunteers
- Develops, implements and monitors policies to ensure a safe work environment in the back stage and stage areas
- Attends required production meetings
- Serves as Building Supervisor after normal hours of operation, or during assigned productions and rental events
- Oversees management of all load-in materials, and return of borrowed
- Provides an annual technical inventory of all equipment with recommendations for replacement, or refurbishment
- Stays abreast of new technology and software relative to lighting and audio
- Additional duties as assigned by the General Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability and knowledge (including familiarity with ADA and OSHA compliance)
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks in a timely manner
- Collaborative attitude
- Heavy-lifting abilities
- Competent, working knowledge of theatrical equipment, design tools and
- CAD and or Vector works knowledge a plus
- Understanding of signal flow and networking a must
- Ability to operate a Yamaha CL5 console, with Dante network, D&B audio rig
- Ability to operate a ION XE console with ETC lighting package
- Proficient with ETC and ETC networking
- Theatrical rigging knowledge a plus
All candidates MUST apply online at www.columbiacountyga.gov/county/jobs/application-instructions
Contact Martha Bartles at firstname.lastname@example.org for application questions.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: director, lighting, supervisor, technical director, and theatre. States: Georgia.
Please Share the Technical Director job: