The John Michael Kohler Arts Center is seeking an experienced Technical Director who would oversee the Technical Services team, which consist of the following:
Audio and Video Technician, Photographer, Event Services Technician, and a Videographer.
The Technical Director is primarily responsible for supervision and implementation of all production elements (lighting, sound, staging, etc.) of all JMKAC events and rentals at all JMKAC locations.
The Performing Arts events are mostly indoor/outdoor concerts, presented dance or theatrical productions, and in house productions of Preschool performances and camp presentations. There are various corporate and/or private rentals and art center special events (gallery openings, gala, etc.) through our Event Services department. Lastly, workshops and presentations by other departments.
The Technical Director ensures safe-working practices, provides necessary production management for the use of the event spaces by rentals and events, and facilitates repair and maintenance of the theatre resources and equipment. Key to this is a strong work ethic centered on excellent organizational skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive, collaborative relationships and communications with all artistic parties as well as administrative staff, board members, and volunteers.
- Ability and knowledge of Technical Theatre (including familiarity with ADA and OSHA compliance)
- Handle multiple, simultaneous tasks in a timely manner
- Collaborative attitude with the many different departments
- Appropriate lifting abilities
- Competent, working knowledge of theatrical equipment, theatre terms and Vectorworks software.
- Knowledge of ETC lighting equipment, digital audio control and video presentation a plus.
- Ability to serve as head electrician for all events.
- Four year degree in Theatre Technology and/or qualified experience in Technical Production.
Qualified applicants can apply via the link below:
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts center, director, and technical director. States: Wisconsin.
Please Share the Technical Director job: