The Technical Designer will work closely with other technical design staff, sales associates, and rental leads to produce detailed 3D drawings, layouts, and custom equipment for live events and productions all over the world.
This is a non-exempt hourly position that includes eligibility for PTO, health insurance, and 401k program after probationary period.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate within standard operating and safety procedures
- Liaise and communicate well with other departments in finishing projects in a timely manner and quality fashion
- Achieve the creation of high-quality Versa gear that represents the company well in the global staging market
- Complete all assigned crew training modules
- Design, model, annotate, and itemize stage structures and effects for television, music, corporate, touring, and other live entertainment events
- Generate 3D stage layouts and construction drawings using VectorWorks and AutoDesk Inventor, including but not limited to technical designs for lifts, stage components, mechanical, hydraulic, and other special effects
- Communicate with sales associates, project managers, and rental leads to develop 3D models and layouts for production needs
- Other duties as assigned within the Technical Design Department
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Theatre, Live Entertainment, or Engineering OR equivalent work experience
- 3+ years CAD/3D modeling experience required, VectorWorks and/or Autodesk Inventor preferred
- Proven experience working under strict timelines and in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-motivated and driven to seek out information and ask question
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule during times of peak business demand
- Ability to work weekends and overtime
- Reliable transportation
- Clean and neat appearance
- Familiarity with requirements of touring equipment and terminology a plus
- English speaking preferred, bilingual a plus
Physical Demands and Abilities:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Regularly required to talk and hear
- Visual abilities include close vision and the ability to focus
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time
- Must be able to follow direction
- A positive attitude and punctuality are a must
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Submit resume to Staffing@allaccessinc.com
- Fill out application via website
Job Categories: Other. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: design, designer, entertainment, technical, and theatre. States: California.
Please Share the Technical Designer job: