Full-Time Stage Design and Production Manager
The Baltimore School for the Arts, located in the historic Mt. Vernon district of Baltimore, offers pre-professional training in vocal and instrumental music, dance, theatre, film, and the visual arts in combination with a rigorous college-preparatory academic program to 425 students in grades nine through twelve. Students are selected through competitive auditions in the arts and study with a faculty of professional artists who live and work in the Baltimore/Washington, D.C. area. BSA is one of a small number of public arts high schools in the United States and the only institution of its kind in Maryland. Ninety-eight percent of the school’s graduates are accepted into the nation’s leading colleges, conservatories, and universities.
Baltimore School for the Arts (BSA) seeks an exceptional theatre production professional to teach in and lead its pre-professional Stage Design and Production (SD&P) Program. This is a full-time, secondary teacher position employed 10 months per year by Baltimore City Public Schools with an excellent benefits package (family health insurance and pension plan).
The successful candidate will teach various SD&P classes as well as envision and manage technical theatre programming. In addition, this person will supervise SD&P students as they perform production responsibilities for a wide range of public performances at BSA. The successful candidate will work closely with the theatre department head to design performances and educational experiences for students grades 9-12.
This employee must be eligible for or willing to promptly pursue certification as a secondary teacher as specified by the Maryland State Department of Education.
- Training and expertise as a theatre professional working in various technical theatrical settings
- Strong evidence of successful instruction in theatre programs, high school or college
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills and ability to bring diverse groups together to support a common goal
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred in theatre or education
- Technical training and mentoring for high school students in the areas of stage lighting, audio engineering, video projection, set design and construction, costume design and construction, stage and production management
- Manage stage design and production faculty
- Supervise SD&P students producing BSA shows in theatre, music, and dance
- Communicate with students and families of the Stage Design and Production Program
- Serves as an employee of Baltimore City Public Schools
The Baltimore School for the Arts is an exciting and fast paced pre-professional environment. We have very high standards for our students and faculty. This position requires someone who is highly imaginative, a willing collaborator, and constant supporter of students. The theatre program does several professional-quality productions every year. Recent performances have included:
- Once on This Island
- Waiting for Lefty
- As You Like It
This is a great opportunity for a creative, professional artist and educator.
A letter of interest and resume should be emailed to: email@example.com by Friday, March 29.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Please Share the Stage Design and Production Manager job: