Full-Time Staff Lead Carpenter
The Staff Lead Carpenter constructs, installs, and strikes scenic elements for Juilliard productions and perform required maintenance for scene shop and performance spaces as detailed by their supervisors.
• Construct scenery using industry techniques and materials.
• Build and install scenic elements from construction drawings or designer drawings as directed.
• Build and install scenic elements using safe and efficient techniques.
• Participate in strike of scenic elements.
• Implement basic safe rigging techniques for theatrical venues.
• Maintain equipment and facilities in the scene shop and Juilliard venues.
• Assist with the ordering and stocking of materials for shows and shop upkeep
• Accurately track project usage of inventory items.
• Work at elevated heights on ladders, personnel lifts, in the grid, and on temporary structure.
• Follow safety guidelines for all Juilliard facilities and equipment.
• Work weekends and evenings as needed
• Lead projects as directed by the Master Carpenter, ATD and TD
• Lead Load-ins as needed
• Lead Scenery Strikes as needed
• Be on time and prepared for work when scheduled.
• Ability to work independently
• Meet deadlines specified by Shop Managers
• Four years of scenery construction experience.
• Be able to maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
• Strong verbal communication skills.
• Leadership role in a theatrical environment
• Previous experience in the support of opera, drama, and dance productions.
• MiG and TiG welding experience.
How to Apply
Job # 524
The Juilliard School’s mission is to provide the highest caliber of artistic education for gifted musicians, dancers, and actors from around the world so that they may achieve their fullest potential as artists, leaders, and global citizens. Located at Lincoln Center in New York City, Juilliard offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in dance, drama (acting and playwriting), and music (classical, jazz, historical performance, and vocal arts). Currently more than 800 artists from 40 states and 38 countries and regions are enrolled at Juilliard, where they appear in over 700 annual performances in the school’s five theaters; at Lincoln Center’s Alice Tully and David Geffen halls and at Carnegie Hall; as well as at other venues around New York City, the country, and the world. Beyond its New York campus, Juilliard is defining new directions in global performing arts education for a range of learners and enthusiasts through The Tianjin Juilliard School and K-12 educational curricula.
The Juilliard School is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and working environment. Therefore, employment with Juilliard is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background investigation.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: carpentry, music, school, and theatre. States: New York.
Please Share the Staff Lead Carpenter job: