We are looking for an additional carpenter to add to our SVR team.
The ideal candidate is someone who has exceptional attention to detail, who can build statement bars, tables, furniture and has a can-do attitude and problem solve on the fly.
You will wear many hats in the warehouse – from repairing upholstered furniture to helping with deliveries as needed.
Who we are:
Since launching in 2012, Something Vintage Rentals has been obsessed with curating a collection of trend-setting rental pieces that create fun, joy-filled, and memorable weddings and events. We believe in sustainability – giving new life to old pieces and creating opportunities for local makers. That’s why we build and craft much of our inventory in-house. We believe in the inherent beauty in handmade and vintage items, and we put our blood, sweat, and tears into each and every piece we design.
What you’ll do:
- Build new inventory from sketches and concepts
- Construct exceptional quality of builds – i.e. no sloppy joints, glue showing, paint/stain dripping, sloppy cuts
- Repair existing inventory, such as bars, backdrops, tables, chairs, and upholstered furniture.
- Engineer mobile, durable inventory that is quick to assemble/disassemble.
- Come up with new/better ways to build, transport inventory to make set-up more efficient.
- Maintain safety, cleanliness and organization of your carpentry area.
- Source materials for builds and keep accurate record keeping of spending for each project.
- Maintain records for finishes/paints used on all inventory.
- Create sketches for new inventory and custom builds as needed. Digital mock-ups are a plus for pre-selling new inventory.
- Assist with venue walkthroughs with clients as needed.
- Install inventory and custom builds at events as needed
- Assist with deliveries if needed.
- Assist in other areas of the warehouse as needed
What you can bring to the table:
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to follow directions
- Excellent problem solver
- Positive attitude and can-do mentality
- Desire to learn and improve inventory / warehouse efficiencies
- Commitment to exceeding client expectations
- Respects and embraces our diverse SVR staff
- Team player
What we require:
- Has professional level carpentry skills with 4+ years experience
- Has significant experience building bars, tables, and other furniture.
- Experience applying stain, paint, and top coats at a professional level.
- Has a valid driver’s license and vehicle to get to and from work.
- Can lift 50+ lbs
- Pass a drug test and criminal background check before hire.
What we offer:
- Commensurate with experience
- 2 weeks PTO increasing annually + Paid Holidays
- 50% paid Blue Cross Health Care premium
- 3% matching Simple IRA contributions
How to Apply
To apply, email a copy of your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Categories: Other. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: Carpenter, carpentry, craft, design, events, and furniture. States: Maryland.
Please Share the Carpenter job: