Senior Registrar→ San Francisco, California, United States
• Position: Senior Registrar
• Status: Full-Time | Exempt | Salaried
• Compensation Group: Experienced
• Compensation Range: $75,000-$85,000
• Reports to: Head Registrar
• Hours: Mon – Fri, 9:00am – 5:30pm
Minnesota Street Project Art Services, founded & headquartered in San Francisco since 2016, is the Bay Area’s fastest growing and most innovative provider of highest quality art storage, installation, packing, crating, transportation, and solutions. Our clients include private collectors, galleries, and institutions who value our emphasis on customer relationships, collection care, and creative problem solving.
As part of the Minnesota Street Project and affiliated with the Minnesota Street Project Foundation, 100% of our profits are used to support the visual arts ecosystem in the Bay Area.
Minnesota Street project Art Services is seeking a full-time Senior Registrar with at least 3-4 years’ experience as a registrar in a museum, gallery, private collection, or art services company. The Senior Registrar will exhibit a friendly and approachable demeanor with all Project clients, staff, and vendors, acting as a positive ambassador for the Art Services business, as well as the overall Project. This person must value stewardship, as it relates to caring for collections in our custody and our teams. This person will demonstrate understanding of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Access in the arts and in our daily lives, has cultural flexibility/agility, and a commitment to fostering a respectful and inclusive work environment.
- Maintain excellent relationships with clientele, including collectors, galleries, institutions, consultants, and other arts professionals, ensuring industry- leading client satisfaction.
- Ensure strong attention to detail, clear communication is facilitated, and (individual and departmental) deadlines are continually met.
- Evaluate and develop heightened quality control systems (in the warehouse and field) and ensure processes are upheld in all areas; interested in growing into management opportunities.
- Organizes and facilitates departmental meetings towards identifying areas for growth, improvement, and problem solving.
- Inventory, track, and manage client storage accounts, which includes scheduling condition reports, packing/crating requests, database management, artwork list and estimate generation, in house project management as it relates to artwork movement, and invoicing for requested storage/services.
- Collaborate and cover in where needed within Registration department; available for offsite condition reports, documentation, inventory assessments as needed and through our Emergency Preparedness programming.
- Work collaboratively across departments to streamline processes and protocols, identifies areas to grow the business and support established annual organizational goals.
- Prioritize client relationships with emphasis on clear and friendly communication, education of best collection practices, and solution-oriented thinking.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- MA in Museum Studies preferred.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience as a registrar in a museum, gallery, private collection, or art services company.
- Ability to quickly identify and resolve problems, effectively prioritize, and manage time efficiently, ensuring projects stay on schedule.
- Demonstrated concern for detail, accuracy, and precise execution of work; excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Proficient with Mac operating systems and software, including Adobe and Microsoft Suites; knowledgeable with the G Suite, AutoCAD, Sketchup, and CRMs a plus.
- Motivated team player with a client-forward attitude and collaborative approach.
Please email a cover letter and resume titled “Senior Registrar – Your Last Name” to: email@example.com
When submitting materials, images of work samples are encouraged. Thank you for your interest in Minnesota Street Project.
Minnesota Street Project offers a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, AD&D, Paid Time Off and Parental Leave, Retirement Savings, 401-k Plan, and Pre-Taxed Commuter and Childcare Benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minnesota Street Project provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
More jobs at the Minnesota Street Project
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: gallery and museum. States: California.