Assistant Stage Manager
The Assistant Stage Manager (ASM) position is an integral part of The Sarasota Ballet’s production department as well as interacting with other departments within the organization.
The ASM supports and assists the production department with all aspects of production by ensuring the safe and efficient running of performances and rehearsals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Stage Manager with day-to-day operations including the preparation of rehearsal and performance spaces for the daily needs of the dancers, artistic, and production staff.
- Interpret and mark out ground plans and access treads.
- Ensure rehearsal or real props are available and substitutes for scenery when necessary.
- Liaise with Wardrobe when costumes are required outside scheduled stage rehearsals, such as lighting sessions.
- Check artists are present at rehearsals.
- Assist with Company sound requirements, including setting up and operating systems for rehearsals, copying and editing CD’s for rehearsals and performances as necessary.
- Support with the preparation and maintenance of props and any other relevant duties.
- Produce and amend fly, props, and running plots, and pass on lighting information as necessary.
- Ensure appropriate communication to Stage Manager is maintained during performances.
- Ensure correct working methods and safe working practices.
- Ensure paperwork is correctly amended and distributed.
- Ensure all pertinent Company policies and agreements are understood and implemented.
- Attend all studio and stage rehearsals wherever possible.
- Coordinate and supervise Education performances and company events as requested.
- Being prepared to call performances or special events as needed.
- Assist with coordination of Company auditions.
- Assist the Company Manager with guest travel and season calendar preparation.
- Video recording of rehearsals and distribution of footage as needed by the Artistic staff.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- BA, BFA or equivalent professional experience required.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a collaborative manner.
- Ability to remain calm and organized during high-stress situations.
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office.
- Possess physical stamina required to remain standing, walking, and moving for long periods of time.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with dance and/or music.
- Ability to read or follow a music score.
- Knowledgeable of or willing to learn basic video and music editing software.
This is a seasonal (August to May), full time, exempt position.
Salary range between $700-$900 weekly, based on previous experience.
Medical, dental, and vision insurance offered.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your cover letter and resume along with references to email@example.com.
The Sarasota Ballet values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran’s status or any other protected category. The Sarasota Ballet is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from populations underrepresented in the arts are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Contract. Job Tags: assistant manager, ballet, manager, performing arts, stage, and video. States: Florida.
Please Share the Assistant Stage Manager job: