Part-Time Scenic Carpenter
Located 45 minutes west of Pittsburgh in Midland, PA and founded in 2006, Lincoln Park Performing Arts Center produces an 8-show subscription season in addition to hosting many other events including instrumental and vocal concerts, dance, touring acts, and community events. The center houses two theaters; our 750-seat MainStage Theater (proscenium) and the 175-seat Studio Theater (black box.) With a strong focus on education, the Center also houses the Lincoln Park Performing Arts Charter School. This 7-12 school has close to 800 students and offers 6 different majors including dance, theater, music, media arts, literary arts, and health science and the arts.
Lincoln Park Performing Arts Center seeks an experienced and motivated carpenter/welder to join its part time, year-round, scene shop staff. The Center works year-round to produce an 8 show subscription series. Candidates must have BA in Theatre Production or comparable professional experience with excellent layout and construction skills. Candidates must exhibit excellent time-management skills and be willing and able to work collaboratively with others. Pay is hourly and commensurate with experience.
- Follow the direction of the technical director so that all projects completed are built to drawing specs and that all rules, regulations, and protocols are being followed throughout the build
- Experience with scenic construction techniques, scenic paint treatments, and rigging
- Ability to multi-task and work with deadlines. Must have ability to plan projects and adhere to schedules
- Ability to remain calm and productive in difficult situations demonstrating good “people skills” and a sense of humor
- Operate a CNC machine
- Skilled welder
- Ability to read and interpret draftings/plans and execute those plans as specified by the Technical Director
- Experience in safe usage of a counterweight fly system and soft goods handling
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Vectorworks, SketchUp or other comparable drafting software a plus
- Experience in a supervisory position and leading crew calls a plus
- The successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge of standard theatrical practices, comfort with ladders and working from heights, able to lift and carry at least 80lbs, and feel comfortable operating a scissor lift and box truck
- Ability to work long hours, i.e. a 30 hour week plus weekends and evenings, as necessary and during technical rehearsals when needed
- Ability to maintain a clean and safe work space
- Ability to drive a car and have clean driving record. Must have valid driver’s license
- Professional experience that demonstrates proven ability to perform the job responsibilities outlined above
- Candidates MUST be able to pass a background check.
- Please email resume and cover letter to Maria Scheller, Production Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Share the Scenic Carpenter job: